1982 Mercury Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

thanks man. it was quite a long day haha
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
        so i finally took advantage of the 70 degree weather and pulled and cleaned my drums. and finally painted them to FINALLY MATCH my front calipers.

Looks as good as new

Comment

they really look good. looks so much better now that the drums arent rusty and crappy. they really look nice behind the rims
          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

They look good!
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I like the trim rings with the black bullit wheels. Looks nice
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Originally posted by fmansfield444 View Post
                I like the trim rings with the black bullit wheels. Looks nice
                they aint trim rings theyre legit rims. theyre were made as 2 piece rims. just the center hub and spokes are black the rest is chrome

Comment

Have you thought about putting sequential tail lights on the Merc? I think they could look pretty sweet!

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
                  2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
                  2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Originally posted by L1011tristar17 View Post
                    Have you thought about putting sequential tail lights on the Merc? I think they could look pretty sweet!
                    I was thinking this as well that would be sweet! Someone posted a wiring diagram of how to make them rather than buying mustang ones
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

that was me.. im planning to do it!.. i already made a circuit for it. but it was working right so i gave it to a good friend of mine whos in college for electronics and seeing if he can figure out where i went wrong.

SEQUENTIALS ARE DEFINITELY GOING IN THIS CAR. theres no doubt about it

Comment

I'm a big fan of them I just have no car to put them in. Will probably put some in my dads 79 mustang pace car.

Good luck with them, I am taking circuitry classes right now as well so I may build some up rather than buy them

Comment

im all for building them myself. much cheaper and gives experience. and as you can see my wirings ready for the sequentials

Comment

first off ima give a BIG shout out to marquisman for my new tail lights! he gave me hell of a deal and was a great purchase... and here is the build-up

last picture before taking the crappy broken lights ive had in since i bought the car
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	0427131158.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1272221

got the whole back section pulled off. the old on top new on bottom. the only thing that i reused was t\the reverse light lenses and the chrome trim from below the drivers side tail light. everything else that i received was in better condition and went on the car

Name:	0429131400.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1272222

Comment

these things were COVERED on the back with the most dirty and shit ive EVER seen on anything. 3 hours later this along with the ligths were cleaned up about as much as i was gonna worry about.

Name:	0429131407.jpg
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1272223

beginning the pile of reusable chrome going back on the car, and separated the lens from the tail light so i could spray the inside with a fresh coat of reflective paint.

Name:	0429131603.jpg
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1272224

he said the black was pretty rough and could use a coat of paint. so i pulled everything of it and instead of satin, went with gloss because i thought maybe itd match the car color nicely without changing the original look too much. i was very pleased with how it turned out. i was a bit worried at first that it would look out of place. but after getting it back on the car it turned out really nice

Name:	0429131602.jpg
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1272225
                              Last edited by marquis_82_withneons; 04-29-2013, 11:02 PM.

Comment

as ive done before, i did this on both my LTD and Merc with teh original set of tail lights. i pulled the lens off to clean a little bit of mold in the inside corners. then i sanded down the inside of houseing to prep it for some metallic silver to help reflect the ligth like new again.

at this time i also dremeled out the 3rd hole where there would usually be a 194 base bulb and socket. i made up a template and cut the hole out to fit a standard 1157 dual filament socket into it. so now i have 3 on each side that light up with the brakes and flashers and such as opposed to my old 2 outside ones.

Name:	0429131728.jpg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1272226

got the inside sprayed with the first coat of metallic. makes a hell of a difference after its done.

Name:	0429131736.jpg
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1272227

heres the test fit in the car with the triple 1157 sockets. first try and it fit perfect. i was very suprised. and it turned out GREAT!

Name:	0429131727.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1272228

Comment

Working...
                                X