No announcement yet.

1992 Mercury Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually forgot that. Thanks. This is the kit I will be using.
    Alex's Parts Specializes in: Valve Spring Kits for GT40, GT40P, LT1, Vortec, LS1 Valve Spring Kits, Beehive Springs, Valve locks and Viton Valve Seals.

Not that expensive and have not heard anything bad about them.
    1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
    Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
    Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
    sigpic

Comment

Logan (Bobcat) runs that kit. He beats the hell out of his rig, and they have held up
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
        Logan (Bobcat) runs that kit. He beats the hell out of his rig, and they have held up
        Ok. Thanks. That is good to hear.
        Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
        sigpic

Comment

I have a quick question. Did all lopo 302 have the same bore size and connecting rod size? Might be a dumb question but want to calculate compression ratio with the new heads. Also are all 302 head gaskets the same? I ask because there are different part numbers for 302 head gaskets. I guess it might be because of different thicknesses. 4 in bore and 3.2 in stroke?
          Last edited by pivichot; 01-05-2016, 02:57 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

All 302's would have the same bore and stroke. So I'd assume the con rods are the same. Check the manufacturer on the head gasket, they'll usually tell ya.

Comment

Originally posted by killgore View Post
              All 302's would have the same bore and stroke. So I'd assume the con rods are the same. Check the manufacturer on the head gasket, they'll usually tell ya.
              Ok. Thanks You.
              sigpic

Comment

Current Progress. Bought Double roller timing chain, valve covers, and lifters. Hopefully within a month engine will be disassembled to send engine block to machine shop.
                sigpic

Comment

Just bought connecting rods from speedwaymotors. Not sure but these might be factory forged rods. Here is the link. http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Ford-3...Inch,1796.html
                  sigpic

Comment

Interesting. I didn't know ford made forged rods for the 302. Were they a RFP product? Perhaps for a cobra?
                    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Sure they aren't just standard production 302 rods? I think they did finally undergo a revision in the mid 1990s' but they used the original 1968 rod for a long time. I think the end caps were a 1970 design. The bottom end usually isn't your limiter on a 302, the block gives up before the rotating assembly does most of the time.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        Sure they aren't just standard production 302 rods? I think they did finally undergo a revision in the mid 1990s' but they used the original 1968 rod for a long time. I think the end caps were a 1970 design. The bottom end usually isn't your limiter on a 302, the block gives up before the rotating assembly does most of the time.
                        I am not sure, honestly. They are ford connecting rods cast # f2te. I couldn't find any info. I know the block is the limiting factor. Aims are 300 hp. If I could get that at the wheels I will be glad. 300 at crank will still be glad. Those rods are good for around 400-500.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pivichot View Post
                          Those rods are good for around 400-500.
                          Well, that's all the block can handle anyways, so either way you should be fine.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

F2TE is the revised rod from the 90s. Not sure what exactly changed, but its just a production rod I believe.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Finally started to disassemble the engine I bought for the car. Took about 5 hours to disassemble to the block and crank. Engine looks like its in decent shape.

Will order the pistons tomorrow to see when I will be able to take the block to the machine shop.
                              sigpic

Comment

Another quick Update. Just ordered 0.030 overbore pistons from summit. Part http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLP-8KL2482F30. Aiming for 9.3:1 compression, maybe a little higher. Comes with wrist pins and piston rings.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X