No announcement yet.

1984 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice find there brah!... damn she clean!.. for 700 you stole that car. i paid 1500 for my base model 82 and shes rough around the edges. if those mk7 rims are 15s throw some white letters on her
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Love the two tone, though my friends would rib me for it being an old man car

Like the dark blue plush seats too! An 84 was my first panther and had the most luxurious feel of any MGM I've owned.

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

What a beauty! A great find, glad to see it has an owner who appreciates panthers

sigpic

Comment

Looks more like a $1700 car
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I like it!
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Beautiful car. Nice and big unlike today's FWD cookie cutters.

Comment

For a NY car that is NICE. I don't see any rust. I had one many years ago the exact color. Excellent car.

Comment

Thanks guys! I've never have had so many compliments about a vehicle I've owned! I have some undercarriage pics that I took the other day. It's not bad for a 28 yr old NY car. Hopefully this summer I can get some rust converter on it and keep it clean under there.

FR. Door

RR. Door

LR. Door

LF. Door

The worse of it is the trunk near the gas tank. And the tank it leaking at the bottom. So next week I plan on buying one. I think part of my winter project will be tearing apart the interior and checking the inside for rust.
                  Last edited by purplebomb302; 07-18-2013, 02:05 AM.

'93 T-bird
                  '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                  '88 Mark VII
                  '86 CV

Comment

Spectra premium Part # F17. You have an in tank pump right?. You may want to consider a new pump while you are at it.

Rock Auto lists the tank @ $84. Plus shipping less the site 5% discount code
                    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

ooooh man id get on those frame rails... not looking too bad, but i little too much flaking for my liking. if you want any ideas for lighting PM me, ive done a good bit to my 82 Merc.
                      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                        ooooh man id get on those frame rails... not looking too bad, but i little too much flaking for my liking. if you want any ideas for lighting PM me, ive done a good bit to my 82 Merc.
                        I plan on taking care of all the rust on the car.

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                        Spectra premium Part # F17. You have an in tank pump right?. You may want to consider a new pump while you are at it.

Rock Auto lists the tank @ $84. Plus shipping less the site 5% discount code
                        Yea in tank pump. I found a tank for around 70.

'93 T-bird
                        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                        '88 Mark VII
                        '86 CV

Comment

The spectra I bought was made in Canada. My $0.02 check that the one you found is not Chinese.
                          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Rust converter will not help the fender. All of that is coming from behind. It is done. Take it from me...I have learned my lesson with rust.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              Rust converter will not help the fender. All of that is coming from behind. It is done. Take it from me...I have learned my lesson with rust.
                              I know that. I was gonna do the undercarriage with that not the fender. That'll have to be done differently.

Yea I may end up going with the rock auto tank.

'93 T-bird
                              '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                              '88 Mark VII
                              '86 CV

Comment

That sounds better. I am actually gathering the pieces to do the underside of my vic. I have grinder and lots of wire wheel attachments. I need to pick up the POR15 metal prep stuff and then the POR 15. After all of that I will soak everything in fluid film.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X