No announcement yet.

New (Kinda) '11 Vic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, in your opinion. A lot of people bitch that these headlights suck and they can't see anything at night. I personally see just what I need to with mine, was curious what you thought.. (Though, I've only ever DD my CV so..)

Shame you're covering that beautiful engine up

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Compared to a European car with factory HID's (Xeon) like my Sabb or Bimmers etc? They blow hard dick. For what any normal person needs? They're fine lol. You could do the relay upgrade for a bit better output if you'd like.
      1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Eh, if need be I'll just put bulbs in my fogs that make them actually do something.. lol

I also HIGHLY recommend a Marauder corner or Grand Marq corner light upgrade. It does wonders, light wise.

Marauder

Grand Marq

If I ever finished my headlight job, I was gonna paint the bottoms black. Matching the marauder corners and not look goofy, like it does
        Last edited by Bobcat; 06-28-2014, 11:42 PM.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Nice!

need exhaust video

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks!

I was waiting for someone to say that ! I'm working on one lol

Comment

Looking great. Love it.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Love it, looks great.
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I cannot express how awesome your car looks. Seriously. Has the parts painted in the spots they should be, has nice exhaust, rear fascia painted. NEver seen a honeycomb grill painted on lip before but I like that a lot. Those wheels are my favorite on the 'vic. Seriously - really nice car man, enjoy.
                  -Nick M.
                  Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                  03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Thanks guys really appreciate it! Getting about 26 MPG, 75/25 Hwy/Cty too!

Comment

The grille treatment is a great touch that I never would have thought up myself. Props.
                      1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

The headlights in these cars blow camel sausage. The corner bulbs are great for turning but thats about it. Nice ride. I like the exhaust job you had done.
                        The Fist of Pain
                        2007 Mercury Grand Marquis GS

Comment

very nice kenwood. being a stereo junkie i love the look of a clean install and that looks fantastic. more techy stuff to come i hope
                          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

It looks great. I was wondering whether you do anything for rustproofing. I'm up in Canada, and it's impossible to make a year-round car last with all the road salt in the winter. I buy a bunch of cans of Rust Check when it's on sale and crawl under and go nuts. Unfortunately, my front fenders started rotting away in recent years. I thought it might be from not washing it enough in the winters, but it apparently started from the inside out. The red Rust Check rust inhibiter is great for things like the seams at the bottom of the doors and the bottom edges of the trunk behind the rear wheels since it flows into the seams. If I had sprayed some of that into my front fenders (through the top two fender liner bolt holes in the wheel wells), I might still have a relatively rust-free body. The thick Rust Check coat and protect is great for the underside.

BTW, I'd never heard of LED's for interior lights before. Are they generally available for most cars?, or are they only compatible with newer cars?

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                            mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

^^^^ were you asking me?
                              Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                              Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                              Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

My post was directed at the OP actually. I guess I should have included a quote. The part about the LED's was in the first post as follows:

Originally posted by Georges86 View Post
                                ... So far replaced all courtesy lighting and dome and license plate lights with cool white Led's, ...
                                It would be nice to have something better than filament bulbs for interior lighting. Of course, if someone other than the OP has useful information (including with respect to rustproofing), I'd be glad to see it.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                                mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Working...
                                X