No announcement yet.

Larisa "1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engines that don't puke fluids stay reasonably clean.

and yeah, never paint oil pans black. It took me years to find the oil leak on the old boat, and I only finally found it when the engine was out and hanging in front of me. The pan had a pinhole in it, but black oil pan with oil running down it is nearly impossible to trace out.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The wrinkle black oil pan I have is a bit hard to find any leaks on.....I had to torque down the front sump drain plug to its max suggested torque ratting in order to get it to stop seeping.....
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        The pan had a pinhole in it, but black oil pan with oil running down it is nearly impossible to trace out.
        Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        The wrinkle black oil pan I have is a bit hard to find any leaks on.....I had to torque down the front sump drain plug to its max suggested torque ratting in order to get it to stop seeping.....
        On the other hand my light-grey oil pan clearly shows the path the oil travels... It can be traced right up to the head gaskets. FML! LOL
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
          I would probably run it too, but that's just me.

Let's hope it doesn't smoke more than you do.
          BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good effort Matt.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

We'll find out how it runs hopefully by the end of this weekend.

Comment

Hope it runs good. I hate to see people's hard work got to waste...
              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

As much shit as I give the OP, I hope it runs good too.
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Post burnout videos.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Post burnout videos.
                    Will Do, It will be a glorified One Wheel Burnout

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Update: MOAR Pics

Engine All Painted, just need to do some touchups, Heads Are Completely redone at the machine shop not bad for $300, guy does amazing work for 46 years in business, and teardown progress .

Click image for larger version

Name:	11248945_513342222161452_8338325233758285057_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1278458Click image for larger version

Name:	11214346_513342235494784_2336988967578145880_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1278459Click image for larger version

Name:	12208651_513342252161449_2943011286110124674_n.jpg
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1278460Click image for larger version

Name:	12249642_513342268828114_4803267926970902154_n.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1278461Click image for larger version

Name:	12239972_1100625333290332_8088881472908927432_n.jpg
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	1278462Click image for larger version

Name:	11988433_512686762226998_7656317691161038102_n.jpg
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1278463Click image for larger version

Name:	12208417_512686782226996_5754677033528545186_n.jpg
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1278464

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

assemble, then paint. You really don't need overspray inside the oil filter housing or under the timing cover.

Comment

assemble, then paint. You really don't need overspray inside the oil filter housing or under the timing cover.
                          Yes yes yes.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Also when you mask areas off like that, there will be a few areas of exposed metal.

Put it all together and paint it again.
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                              Also when you mask areas off like that, there will be a few areas of exposed metal.

Put it all together and paint it again.

This. I miticulusly masked off my block for paint only to find out areas were missed. Not a deal breaker. I have so many different colors on my engine painting it fully assembled was not an option for me.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                This. I miticulusly masked off my block for paint only to find out areas were missed. Not a deal breaker. I have so many different colors on my engine painting it fully assembled was not an option for me.
                                Yes, that is the problem with multiple colors. Sometimes you can cheat, like temporarily installing the oil filter to keep paint from that area - naturally you end up with a painted oil filter, if that is an issue one can use the cheapest oil filter they can buy at the parts store, then toss it and spin on the fancy one they're planning on running.

Comment

Working...
                                X