No announcement yet.

Larisa "1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or just save an old one from an oil change and slap that on for paint.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      post burnout videos.
      now we're talking

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

There may be smoke. Tire or otherwise.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          or just save an old one from an oil change and slap that on for paint.
          Eh, wouldn't chance that on a new engine, cheap filters are cheap - I got one that's all blue for this reason, gonna have to find it actually cause I got another 302 to put together soon.
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Not like you're flowing through it. It's just there to keeping the paint out. Remove after the painting is done.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I bought a tenner of cheap-ass oil filters to actually use. Rockauto had some Purolator jobber-branded ones for a dollar a piece when I was putting in an order one time. For 10 bucks, why not have 10 of them on the shelf. For that price, you could use one for paint and not even feel bad about it.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                Not like you're flowing through it. It's just there to keeping the paint out. Remove after the painting is done.
                Oh I know that. But as my luck goes, I'll forget the thing is there and roll the engine over on the stand to get a better shot at some parts of it and I'll get crap leaking out the oil filter and into the block. Then there was the one time when the engine owner wanted the filter to match the block, so I just painted the whole works together and left the filter in place afterwards.
                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Thats silly. First oil change and it no longer matches. Thats why I buy white oil filters, it doesn't clash horribly with blue. Orange or yellow looks bad with blue.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It can always match if you know what spray can was used to paint the engine tho, and you do your own oil changes

Comment

That sounds suspiciously like too much work. They come with paint on them already.

Comment

Can't argue that logic! But when people start giving their vehicles human names, does logic even come into play?

Comment

MOAR Pics, still need to get the engine to sit into the passenger side motor mount bracket its being a bitch i probably have to loosen the mount from the frame and the bracket on th emotor and wiggle the engine until it finally sits, at least the driver side mount is in and bolted down, once the weather is not fucking cold i can continue working on this project. Trans is bolted back on the engine, just got to remove the trans shifter linkages and bend the bracket back to it orginal position the rod that goes through the bracket on the side of the trans bent downwards, bent a little when the trans was being moved up and down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12243279_514042442091430_1129678515536097670_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1278867Click image for larger version

Name:	12243380_1102398766446322_7165873348544234504_n.jpg
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	1278868Click image for larger version

Name:	12249855_1102398776446321_4860066811203699359_n.jpg
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1278869Click image for larger version

Name:	12274485_517766665052341_3543555580090292575_n.jpg
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	1278870

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I wonder if the dude in the first pic is a plumber...
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Yea, wonder if he has any Crack Spackle?
                              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

My 88 could stand some exploder swap love.

Comment

Working...
                                X