No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the trans won't be there long... just slap in something that works and don't beat on it. For AODs though, the transgo shift kit is good stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      If the trans won't be there long... just slap in something that works and don't beat on it. For AODs though, the transgo shift kit is good stuff.
      Oh it's gonna get beat.. I want something that shifts very hard, I'm not one to care for comfort. The trans is in perfectly working condition, the fluid looked like it'd never been changed or not in a long time. Only had 88k on the car + drivetrain.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Transgo then.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Anyone have any idea where to find the pedestals for pedestal mount roller rockers? Mine came without them :\ and I can't for the life of me, find ANYTHING.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

i have a transgo hp kit for sale

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Will the crane cams style fit the Ford Racing RRs? Off assumption, I'd believe them to. But I was unsure.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Crane made the original FRPP rockers.

The say Crane, but they have a Ford P/N stamped right on them.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

If they are the ones with the Ford part number, they were OEM on the Cobra and made by Crane. If they are the wider Ford Racing ones, those were a different model. Not sure who made those.

Cobra rockers:

Ford Racing rockers:

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well I'm glad I know they'll fit. I have those exact blue ones in 1.72

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

i really have no idea if the Crane pedestals fit the Ford Racing ones. They probably do, but I won't swear to it.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          i really have no idea if the Crane pedestals fit the Ford Racing ones. They probably do, but I won't swear to it.
                          I'm going to take a try at it and order a set..

So I've been painting the F250's rims black with the Rust Oleum I've been using on the frame of the coupe, so far they look really good! Too bad I'm only using it for winter use and didn't really do a great great job with brushing it on. Oh-well.

Painted more of the frame on the coupe today, air wire wheel then paint. Whole front driver's side is done and some of the frame heading back towards the rear, the crossbar section of the frame and the skid plate are all painted.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Update, 11/26/2014

Ordered almost everything else to complete the engine.

- 351 swap oil pan kit (Pan, pickup, dipstick)
                            - .580 lift valve springs (Alex's parts)
                            - 28oz Harmonic balancer (302s have 50oz ones, had to order one.)
                            - Tall fabricated aluminum valve covers (Have my eye on a breather and need to source an oil fill cap of my liking)
                            - Oil pump
                            - Aluminum spark plug organizers. (We'll see how I like them when they get here. I may want to organize them in a different manor.)
                            - Crane Cams rocker arm pedestals (Thank you Nate & Thain.)

Have my eye on an intake, we'll see in a few days. Other than that, I'll have to go buy a heli-coil for a head bolt hole (Bastard owner before me didn't tell me that..) Then I'm going to relocate it to my garage and not nicks, finish my assembly and paint it. Then off the top of my mind, order: Engine mounts..

Junkyard "to get" list:
                            - 98-02 BB control arms
                            - 98-02 BB spindles + junk rotors (So I can put on tires and move it around if need be)
                            - Aero rear, hopefully acquire one with trak lok.
                            - Alternator + harness 04+ CVPI (Should be 200amp?)
                            - F250 antenna (Want a normal mast antenna, not this power shit.)

And so the madness continues.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

If you're doing a big brake swap, do the motor mounts then. Its like a 15 minute job with the lower arms out, its huge pain in the ass with them installed.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                If you're doing a big brake swap, do the motor mounts then. Its like a 15 minute job with the lower arms out, its huge pain in the ass with them installed.
                                Well since there's no engine in and no front suspension of the car currently, I've got to put new ones in before I can install the engine. I'll have the engine in before the front suspension is even starting to go together. I'd like to get it running before moving onto the rest. Iam planning to go get the JY parts and have them before winter really sets in.. Also need to order new coils, swaybar endlinks, ball joints, tie rods, swaybar bushings and maybe a whale steering box. Everything will be poly aswell.

Then before I drive it, I'm going to change the trans governer to a mustang one, some sort of shift kit, install the aluminum driveshaft, wire electric fans, alternator from a whale interceptor and a bunch more. Maybe someday this will all be worth it
                                Last edited by Bobcat; 11-28-2014, 12:36 PM.
                                __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X