No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have it and the linkage for the trans, would be interested in it.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Meguire's mag wheel polish works real nice on aluminum if you want it proper shiny. Any metal polish will do, as long as it doesn't smell of cat piss. Anything with ammonia in it will oxidize it very rapidly and it will look worse than it does now. If its real crappy in spots, the green scotchbrite will get the rough work done and you can polish it further from there. Or just use that and skip the polish. Clearcoat or at least wax it afterward or it will get crappy looking again. Honestly I hate raw aluminum under the hood. It always gets shitty looking after a while and its always somewhere thats a bitch to clean.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Meguire's mag wheel polish works real nice on aluminum if you want it proper shiny. Any metal polish will do, as long as it doesn't smell of cat piss. Anything with ammonia in it will oxidize it very rapidly and it will look worse than it does now. If its real crappy in spots, the green scotchbrite will get the rough work done and you can polish it further from there. Or just use that and skip the polish. Clearcoat or at least wax it afterward or it will get crappy looking again. Honestly I hate raw aluminum under the hood. It always gets shitty looking after a while and its always somewhere thats a bitch to clean.
        That's the reason I painted the intake. I didn't want to have to look at an oxidized mess.

I'll have to see what linkages I have, I know I cut one of them that goes from the linkage to the trans. It pissed me off so it a cutting wheel took it off.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Still interested in the trans TV rod, if you still have it.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
            T45s are garbage.
            Fixed that for ya...............cool project.......
            Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Blue View Post
              Fixed that for ya...............cool project.......
              100%

Picked up a 90' T5 the other day.

Have finished one upper control arm, haven't cared to do the other yet. Maybe today..

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Love the progress!

Your avatar was actually a photoshop that started as a joke among Epi (1987LTDMasta) and myself. Someone needs to do it!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                  Love the progress!

Your avatar was actually a photoshop that started as a joke among Epi (1987LTDMasta) and myself. Someone needs to do it!

Haha. I found it on google awhile back and thought it'd be fitting. I'm sure Nick hopes to see you at SF this year and I'd like to meet yah too.

Finished the other control arm today, may possibly do the ball joints on the lower control arms this week and then paint those and assemble the suspension. Someday this will be a driveable vehicle.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Update. Clutch pedals are in, one side of suspension is on - the other will probably go on today. The speedway coils give it some rake with the clapped out stock rear coils. I've got the T5 and pedals in, waiting on a clutch cable firewall adjuster.. Anyone know how to remove the door strips? Without ruining more paint, of course. ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Y5nrQRV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	1277196
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2250.jpg
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1277197Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2254.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1277198Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2255.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1277199Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2258.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1277200Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2203.jpg
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1277201Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2249.jpg
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1277202Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2248.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1277203
                    Last edited by Bobcat; 03-13-2015, 08:59 AM.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Sweet! love me some stick shiftyness.......................extra pimp points for the gold intake
                      Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Nice work bud.

I'll be interested to see this in person.
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Lookin good. My car never had any of that sound deadening stuff over the tunnel
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                            Nice work bud.

I'll be interested to see this in person.
                            Venture on up here.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                            Lookin good. My car never had any of that sound deadening stuff over the tunnel
                            I had it on both floor pans and the tunnel, it mostly just peels off.. I'm going to buy new carpet and some sort of sound deadening for the floor. Carpet smells like ass. I'm planning to leave the carpet out so that the interior will look shitty and it'll force me to replace it, that's how i make myself do things.

Engine is repainted as well.

I'm hoping to have it handle good, have good power and be able to row gears with ease. So that I can start on another project I've wanted to fulfill...

So uh.. Stock driveshaft is not usable right? If so.. My aluminum P71 driveshaft appears to be bent outwards at the flanges, making it difficult to remove the U-Joints.
                            Last edited by Bobcat; 03-13-2015, 09:15 PM.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Stock driveshaft fits fine.
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Try a heat gun to soften the glue on the door bump strips. Thats how I got them off my junkyard door. I did fuck the paint up a bit, but it needs repainting anyway so I don't care much. Be more careful than I was and it may come out OK.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X