85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    the body mounts really shouldn't break no matter how much you beat on it. The rubber just mushes down and lets things rattle. Make sure you didn't break a control arm or rip the arm mount off the frame tho.
    I've wondered about battle box type reinforcements for the boxes.....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

don't know what those are, but anything that would beef up that area is probably not a terrible idea for people making serious power, especially if they have done anything to stiffen up the rear suspension like using poly bushings or boxing the control arms. Once the ability to flex runs out, things break. The stock stuff is wimpy enough that things mostly just twist and it saves the frame side of the rig, but of course it lets the rear move around more than you'd really want.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Funny story for you Logan.

Last night I went to a buddies house to have some beers. Mid conversation about something he says to me... "hey, who did you ever sell that white tudor to?".

My friend does asphalt paving, and he tells me the other day they were working out in Granby on a job and had stopped traffic. One of the cars that stopped was a white tudor; said it sounded like it was a standard shift car when the guy tore off after they waved him through...

I knew it wasn't my old car... and given the location, description, and driving style, I made the asumption...
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post

Last night I went to a buddies house to have some beers. Mid conversation about something he says to me... "hey, who did you ever sell that white tudor to?".

My friend does asphalt paving, and he tells me the other day they were working out in Granby on a job and had stopped traffic. One of the cars that stopped was a white tudor; said it sounded like it was a standard shift car when the guy tore off after they waved him through...

I knew it wasn't my old car... and given the location, description, and driving style, I made the asumption...
          Yeah that sounds like Logan lol...

Comment

We need an office pool as to when he breaks the T5.
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Sometime next week

Comment

I give it two weeks.

Comment

I think he broke it already
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post

Oh my god I remember that. Yeah... It was me..

The car has a shitty idle and bucks a lot in first and second, it'll usually piss me off and I'll just dump the clutch and go for half throttle. That happens quite a bit. I don't plan to have it tuned for a long time, since Tuning is expensive and I have much bigger plans for the engine.

Nah guys you got it all wrong, it's still an open diff. No traction = no broken T5. Plus I try not to do those really long smokey one tire fires anymore.. Since I just got used tires for two of the FR500 rims and I don't want to make them bald. Yet.

I think it'll last for awhile. But I need to start planning my next choice, so far I'm set on a used TKO when I have the money.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

So I figured I'd give a little update of how the cars doing.

So it's laying posi shots, with its open diff. So basically... Time to build a rear end for it.. ASAP.

The T5 currently whines in 2nd and 3rd, grinds 4th and pops out of reverse every now and then. I guess it was true all along, T5s just cannot take a beating. Considering I drive this car very respectably every day and never intentionally try to hurt it.

Ordered some 285/45/18s so I can finally have all four rims match. I'll be using a 3/4" spacer in the front and have to cut the inside of the fender lip. I was planning to do big brakes before SF, since I only need one more spindle.. but uh.. Looks like she's in bad bad need of a rear end.

Like I said, no idea how this would happen; since I'm strictly an economy type driver and very conservative of my vehicle.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

You? Conservative driver?

I call bullshit.

Comment

vids or STFU.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

285's on the front? Those are gonna rub like a bitch.
                            I warned you about the t5...
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I'd love to see a formula for making 285's fit, but my 26.7 inch tall 255s barely fit up front.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Sounds like time for an AOD swap. That'll fix those T5 problems.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X