No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't.

Try Evapo-Rust. I hear really good things about it's effectiveness as a rust removal soak that won't fuck your stuff up.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't.
      That Canadian sure has catchy sayings.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've been spending the last few days painting my header panel, one coat at a time. I plan to make an aluminum plate to cover it at some point, since it looks like a stamped steel POS. Still waiting on the GODDAMN oil pickup to get here, so that this POS engine can go back in.

Waiting on
        - Headers (Had to upgrade)
        - Clutch
        - Flywheel
        - Oil pickup
        - Steam

Dropped my rims off at the tire place to get the tires changed over.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Aluminum plate for the header panel? You do know that's fiberglass right?

Comment

I guess he means radiator core support.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

a tool tray you mean. Thats what these cars need. dropping things down through the gaps is annoying.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                I guess he means radiator core support.
                Yes

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

a tool tray you mean. Thats what these cars need. dropping things down through the gaps is annoying.

The gap on the townies is absolutely ridiculous.
                  ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    The gap on the townies is absolutely ridiculous.
                    nah... it works well. Everything always... and I mean ALWAYS... hits the ground.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

No it doesn't. Things fall into the space between the condenser and the radiator, then they're trapped in the abyss on the rad support. The wasted tool tray space forward of the rad support is just silly though.

Comment

No it doesn't. Things fall into the space between the condenser and the radiator, then they're trapped in the abyss on the rad support. The wasted tool tray space forward of the rad support is just silly though.
                        well... there is that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Engine is in, wiring harness is all on the engine, accessories are on, fuel lines are connected, computer turns on (engine light comes on) and runs the pump.

Going to toss on the new TFI module, set the timing, put on flywheel, clutch and transmission and starter. Then I'll crank it over a few times, set the rocker arms in place before tossing on the intake and attempting to make this pig run again. Oh and put some 93 in the tank, since it hasn't had fuel in it for quite some time.

I also now believe that the rear end that's in the car is also trashed, since it makes a whole lot of noise on the passenger side when I spin that wheel. Maybe it's just insanely low on fluid, since the pinion seal did leak REALLY REALLY bad. I can assume that the bearings are worn pretty good on that side and once I put the car down on the ground, maybe it'll roll quietly. Just need a little time to source a 3.55 LSD 06+ 31 spline rear for it. Maybe I'll toss my 3.73s in, get horrible fuel economy and lay a bunch of peels until my transmission blows a hole in my floor, maybe not. A 3.27LSD would suffice as well.
                          Last edited by Bobcat; 04-26-2016, 08:51 AM.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1204.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	1280038Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1200.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1280039Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1193.jpg
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1280040Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1190.jpg
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1280041Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1187.jpg
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	1280042Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1184.jpg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1280043Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1183.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1280044Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1182.jpg
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1280045Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1181.jpg
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1280046

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Boiler is warming

Comment

I wish I could fix all the pictures so that they're not sideways. But alas, I'm on a school laptop.
                                __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X