X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    I think they fit in the trunk......
    Wahhhh....

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
      Wahhhh....

Rears axles fit in the trunk just fine. I took mine home that way in my old 91.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Well then.. We'll see. If not, I'll just force it into the trunk of the whale.

Since the box is not going to be ready.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Yeah it quite the adventure, especially the 40$ toll.. :\

But yes, I'm planning on finding a 92+ low mile Vic rear end probably in fall. I want to be able to reuse the axles and hopefully either have it powder coated or just sand it and thoroughly paint it. Planning 3.55 gears with a Trac-Loc.
          Nice nice. But I was actually referring to the tail lamps and all. It requires some some custom work to replace the boxy-box end with the 88-91 end. I can't remember if I've ever seen it done...

sigpic
          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
            Nice nice. But I was actually referring to the tail lamps and all. It requires some some custom work to replace the boxy-box end with the 88-91 end. I can't remember if I've ever seen it done...
            I'm dragging my feet in the opposite direction. I'm going 89 to 87. You have to either mod the hell out of the tail light housing (my current plan) or weld in the rear body panel that runs behind the trunk lip from the other year as they're very different.

I did see on here a long time ago someone did go from an 87- box to a 88+ front and back. I don't think they posted the details on how they did the rear though... It was a black tudor IIRC.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
              I'm dragging my feet in the opposite direction. I'm going 89 to 87. You have to either mod the hell out of the tail light housing (my current plan) or weld in the rear body panel that runs behind the trunk lip from the other year as they're very different.

I did see on here a long time ago someone did go from an 87- box to a 88+ front and back. I don't think they posted the details on how they did the rear though... It was a black tudor IIRC.
              Alot of people have talked about doing it, me and Nick came to the conclusion that you need to cut the rear fenders and weld in later model ones.

I actually like the 87- tail lights, I want to get some LTD ones maybe in the future. I just don't like the nose of the 85. But I'll probably get used to it and be too lazy to actually swap my header panel over. But. If I found a white one for cheap, I'd do it.

Update note:
              > Ordered new cam, going with a Trick Flow Stage 1
              < Freeze plugs showed up.
              Once the cam shows I should be able to assemble the engine, other than needing to hone the cylinders a bit (Need to find a 4" hone :|) Still need to get an intake and heads then "in theory" the engine will be ready. Though I'm sure there's more I'll replace along the way.
              Last edited by Bobcat; 07-16-2014, 02:13 PM.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

TFS cam; is your 351W a roller block (F4TE)? I must have missed that.

Packman

Comment

Indeed it is

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Awesome! I was hoping you'd make a readers ride thread. Working fast I see, that's good. Can't wait to see it when i come up!
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Indeed it is
                      Aw yeah!!!! *stroking lower lip hair*

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                        Awesome! I was hoping you'd make a readers ride thread. Working fast I see, that's good. Can't wait to see it when i come up!
                        You probably won't since it's at my house and not Nick's shop.. :\

Updates as of 7/22/2014
                        < Front driver's side brake line broke right at the caliper, going to replace both front ones when I get to doing that. Maybe stainless braided, probably not. We'll see on pricing.
                        > Tore apart the bit of exhaust that was left on Nick's Towncar to make up a temporary system for the Tudor, need to get some pipe *damnit, I was there today too..*
                        > Picked up assembly lube for the 351, put in the main bearings, put in new freeze plugs aswell. May have to order cam bearings and have those done since I noticed one scraped...
                        > Ordered the paint for the block, going to pick it up tomorrow, may get the exhaust tubing I need when I'm there, we'll see how generous I'm feeling.
                        > De-ringed all the pistons, rings looked pretty square edged.
                        < Tried to put the new rings in and I found out the 94+ blocks have different piston ring thickness.. Returned them to Summit 40$ (Great customer service.) still need to order the right ones. Which are 74$
                        > Did some minor temp rust repair on the trunk lid, sanded off a bit of rust down the edge and used rust encapsulator and primer, should hold until I get to body work.

Uhhh.. Wish I had more money.. Still waiting on the Cam, should be here sometime within the next couple days.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Whats the plan for heads?
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                            Whats the plan for heads?
                            I found a junkyard that had a set of GT40Ps that were taken off of a mercury mountaineer for 125$.
                            I'm planning GT40Ps.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Those are a little lean for a decent 351 build. They're about the best stock casting in existence, but its the bare minimum to really get much life out of a 351. Those things were woefully under-headed from the factory though. The E7 head that many came with were not really sufficient for a 302. They were just a joke on a 351.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was planning to run them stock for a bit before having them ported and new valves and springs put in. But it may come to be that I won't drive the car until next year when I have everything I want done. Which would be quite the overhaul before ever driving the car, lol.

I'm basically trying to get the best performance for my buck. Seeing there's not alot of money hanging around but I do want to make more power than stock. I'd like to have more than double from the stock 140HP. But I really care for the torque
                                __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X