No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleed the master on the car. Basically easy enough to do.Take a small bottle of brake fluid and wedge it in the top. Have someone work the pedal while you bleed. Basically crack both lines, have your friend push the pedal and hold it to the floor. Tighten the lines and do it again. Do this about 5 times, then bleed like you normally would.

Comment

"bench bled" the master on the car. Still no dice. Same shitty pedal and lack of brakes.

At some point I'll swap the master for the JY one and see if that does anything.. Since I can assume it's a bad master.

Runs and rips, I've been taking it relatively easy, since I want this clutch to actually break in.. Lots of rubbing happening between the rear tires and the quarter panel, when going over bumps. I bent up the lips of the quarters quite a bit, guess it wasn't enough. Maybe I can find some little bastard with a fender rolling too. Or a baseball bat. Fuck big tires.
      Like Serge previously said. These things handle like go carts. It's such a drastic improvement. Even with the worn out, 200k mile suspension. The leaky rear main is really pissing me off. Anyhow, it looks like junk. But handles and moves pretty good.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-BGIcRBPHM Change your booster if this master doesn't sort it out...

Comment

Maybe pull the calipers and rotate to make sure the bleeder is all the way at the top, then try each wheel one last time. I remember Scott having massive problems getting a pedal on something, that was the final solution. In place the bleeders were not quite at the top of the caliper and it had a little air bubble trapped inside.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Take some videos you bitch.

Interested in seeing how the tire fitment turns out.

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
            "bench bled" the master on the car. Still no dice. Same shitty pedal and lack of brakes.

At some point I'll swap the master for the JY one and see if that does anything.. Since I can assume it's a bad master.

Runs and rips, I've been taking it relatively easy, since I want this clutch to actually break in.. Lots of rubbing happening between the rear tires and the quarter panel, when going over bumps. I bent up the lips of the quarters quite a bit, guess it wasn't enough. Maybe I can find some little bastard with a fender rolling too. Or a baseball bat. Fuck big tires.
            Like Serge previously said. These things handle like go carts. It's such a drastic improvement. Even with the worn out, 200k mile suspension. The leaky rear main is really pissing me off. Anyhow, it looks like junk. But handles and moves pretty good.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I take videos but I don't upload them since it takes too much effort.

My front calipers are backwards and the bleeders are at the bottoms. Since I know that's likely a big problem. So I'll probably swap calipers in the front, double check the rears and try again.

Needs rear shocks, they seem pretty shot. I may try to extend the studs on this set of bilsteins I have laying around and see what it can do for me.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Noob.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Noob.
                  Who bought a warped intake?

Drove it last night to prom.

No windshield wipers and the left ditch light stays constantly on.
                  Joy.
                  Last edited by Bobcat; 05-14-2016, 12:04 PM.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

internet noob... can't even post up a video

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Did it at least have brakes?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                        Who bought a warped intake?

Let me help you out there.....ummmm. ME!

Not only did I buy a warped intake I purchased it overpriced, and continued to dump money into it by getting it machined flat three years later after I purchased it....I only discovered it was junk now.
                        ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Let me help you out there.....ummmm. ME!

Not only did I buy a warped intake I purchased it overpriced, and continued to dump money into it by getting it machined flat three years later after I purchased it....I only discovered it was junk now.
                          They usually go for $300-500. Someone was going to buy my fucked one for $375

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Probably still cheaper than buying an aftermarket intake. Holley Systemax II is like $674.00 and the Trick Flow Track Heat intake is $675.00. Though, I would hope the aftermarket is less hassle.

Packman

Comment

Been driving the car everyday so far, it's basically back into daily driver status, I've put 300 miles on it so far. I've got a few things that are bothering me and I should get to. Such as the car stalls on cold cold start ups, need to hold the pedal at 1k RPM for a couple minutes in order to get it to idle on its own. Just last night I got into an argument and finally found out what kind of burnouts it could lay. I came off a corner in first gear, dumped the clutch and held it at rev limiter for probably 10 feet before slamming it into second, getting it into rev limiter again, while basically going 20 mph down the road and laying peel. Then I drove home since I decided that it'd be best if I was off the road, lool. Clutch grabs pretty good, it defiantly needed some break in time. Also, after I put about 100 miles on the new brakes, they started to grab much much better. They're very impressive, I must say. Even with a shit pedal and my calipers upside down..:\

So I guess the new list of things to-do will consist of the following.
                              - Fab up heaterbox. So that my beater has a heater.
                              - Organize the passenger side wiring / vacuum lines. It's truly dreadful and I don't like to show people the engine.
                              - Fit engine to hood clearance problems, since my hood has rubbed a spot in the Lightning intake.
                              - Flip all four calipers around and bleed the brakes.
                              - Rear main seal leak.
                              - New rear end, it's getting very loose back there. Right axle grinds on the bearings when the car is in the air.
                              - Tune
                              - New TPS
                              - Double check for vacuum leaks.
                              - Create new cluster / fix the current one until that happens..
                              - Get front rims mounted.
                              - Another T5
                              - Finish interior
                              - Weld up roof / prime it.
                              - Weld up A pillar base.
                              - Swap back seats
                              - Move steering wheel (It's off center)
                              - Alignment
                              - New tires all around (Going to do 255s, 285s are too big and the front tires are worn pretty low.)
                              - Fix the issue with my left side ditch light.
                              - Make the custom mounts for the front bumper.

Most likely much more that I can't think of.
                              __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I noticed clutch pedal was not on the list of things to do. You warmed up to how the hydro setup works?
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X