No announcement yet.

85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found when you build a hot rod you build problems and the whole project goes to hell in a hand basket and you are spending all of your time and money fixing the problems created. I know one likes a challenge in creating a hot rod from the ground up, I do speak from past painful expereance. But as I say to each there own, just food for thought.

Comment

methinks you maybe ought to buy a real transmission first, build a more awesome motor second. Then again I'm just not a fan of playing with trannys. Other people have different thoughts on that matter.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Gadget, leave the kid alone, he's just experimenting and trying to find himself. LOL

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

No hater pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            Good to hear an update. I'm guessing it caught some traction. The rear axle still hanging in there?
            Well it's new and out of a low mile 2011 Vic with 31 spline axles. So I'd surely hope so.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            methinks you maybe ought to buy a real transmission first, build a more awesome motor second. Then again I'm just not a fan of playing with trannys. Other people have different thoughts on that matter.
            Nah, motor and then likely another T5.

I'm really hoping to send a gear through the floor and into my leg.

Originally posted by packman View Post
            No hater pipe?
            Although it would be very easy.

No.

She's a respectable lady.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

^^^^When she's not taking pink slips and breaking hearts ;-) ^^^^

Comment

...and breaking transmissions...
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                  ...and breaking transmissions...
                  ...and breaking rear ends...
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Saw her this past weekend. She's respectable but loud mouthed. The T5 damage is even more impressive than the pictures show
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Mounted up the turbo header and a mock up turbo. Put the passenger side header on the driver's side. My current issue is that the power steering needs to be moved in front of the head, instead of below it. I suppose there will be some fab to do there.
                      Ordered a 1" intake spacer. I'm aware my hood won't fit, that's the idea.

I think I may order the MegaSquirt kit this week.

I've been looking at T56 Magnums..

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Might be easier to use an aero/whale power steering pump with the remote reservoir depending on how high you need that to be.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                          Yes I will likely use a stock T5
                          Yes, this is a perfectly wise idea.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                            Might be easier to use an aero/whale power steering pump with the remote reservoir depending on how high you need that to be.
                            Pics??

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                            Yes, this is a perfectly wise idea.
                            Do you expect smart choices?

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

__________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Nice. Which headers are those? BBK? I wonder if there are headers that don't point down as much? I got a set of Doug's Tri-Y mid lengths that aren't angled down as much as those headers. Assuming that won't cause other fitment issues.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X