85.03 Crown Vic Coupe "CVGT"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Brake upgrade with front suspension overhaul, or holy stock rotors ?
    Not sure yet, I know I want to do it eventually and I'm kind of seeing now as an opportune time.. but I'm gonna wait a few months since the car will be sitting there all winter.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Thats basically why I did mine. Suspension was shot, and it didn't make sense to rebuild it with stock parts for pretty much the same price as upgrading it.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Thats basically why I did mine. Suspension was shot, and it didn't make sense to rebuild it with stock parts for pretty much the same price as upgrading it.
        Only downside is the lack of junkyards around here to get aero stuff.. Well there are some but they aren't You pull its, and overpriced for parts.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

time to come visit south jersey
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Yeah we'll get you the whole kit for ya

Comment

Hell yeah.

Shame I'm not gonna be going to South Jersey anytime soon.. Any one of you fine gentlemen have the parts needed just hanging around, in which I can purchase them for a mighty fine price.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Phil is so head over heels for ya he'll pull em for ya!
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Phil is so head over heels for ya he'll pull em for ya!
                  I like money. Maybe I can get stuffs. You come pick up though...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    I like money. Maybe I can get stuffs. You come pick up though...
                    For reasonable prices, I'd pay for shipping.. though.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Updates! 8/27/14

Started massive disassembling of engine.

>Alternator 2g (Plan to throw away.)
                      >Power steering pump drained and removed (saved)
                      >Headers
                      >Rest of exhaust system (H-Pipe, mufflers)
                      >Radiator drained and removed.(Saving, needs a cleaning big time.)
                      >Unplugged and removed much wiring. Also labeled it all so I know what's good upon reinstall of superior parts.
                      >Front swaybar/end links

Anyways, I was out and about today so I went and got a quote for the cam bearings on the 351 which was 95$ (75$ labor - 20$ bearings) I knew the guy and he said it'd be a mere afternoon job. I may end up having them hone the cylinder walls as well, since I cannot find someone around me with a 4" hone.. Anyhoo, I went down to the garage today with the intent to just tool around and take my time removing the swaybar. Spent the rest of the night down there working with a single contractor's light (Since our garage lights are all out, waiting on electrician) well I found out that the "coolant" was basically just rusty water, the hoses were just filled with rusty water no big deal, just going to flush the radiator when I reinstall it next (won't be for awhile.) water pump would be usable (with a good cleaning before of course.) but I sort of just want to replace that instead of putting it on the new motor. The alternator is being junked since I plan to go with something such as a 3G because of the Mark8 fan I got during SF and headlight relays and other fun stuff. Power steering came off easily enough, drained into drain pan no big mess. Every bolt was so easy to get off since there was a disgusting amount of oil covering everything. (Leaking valve covers, oil pan, rear main seal) I mean really LEAKING. I started the car and watched the oil drip onto the headers and burn off... Uhh.. Yeah everythings going pretty well, chugging along slowly.

So far I've come to need:
                      <Rear swaybar, prefferably CVPI. Will settle for wagon.
                      <Big brake swap parts
                      <Wiring shop manual (would be nice)

Oh and nothing special, I suck at pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3 (7).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1276258Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (6).jpg
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1276259Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (11).jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1276260Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2 (10).jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1276261

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

It's all gonna worth it knowing everything is clean, new, and how you want it.

Gotta love externally lubricated engines when disassembly comes around.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

If you're gonna have the car up all winter, yeah, plan out your upgrades. At least you got a garage; half the battle won right there. Maybe check on Corral.net classifieds for heads. Occasionally you may find decent heads at a good price. In any event, that sounds like a killer project.

Packman

Comment

I *may* (or may not) have some big brake parts. At one time I had the complete front suspension off an '01 car. I'd have to dig through the parts inventory at my parents house.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                              I *may* (or may not) have some big brake parts. At one time I had the complete front suspension off an '01 car. I'd have to dig through the parts inventory at my parents house.
                              I'll trade you them for my clapped out coils :smirk: but really, It'd duly be appreciated to snag those from yah, Nate!
                              __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Well I brought the 351 to the machine shop (Precision Automotive) I would recommend them to anyone looking for engine work, they're more of a speed shop and engine builders, great guys. Anyway, Cam bearings are installed and I brought it over to Nick's shop. Started moving all of the pieces over there aswell so it can start being assembled. Trying to search around for someone with a 4" hone.. :\ But once that's done we'll put it all together, may have to have to buy a cam degreeing kit aswell.... But. I have all the new parts just sitting in boxes for the rebuild. Once the bottom end is together, I'll bring it home and wait until I buy heads. I have my eyes on a set from a junkyard but also am thinking if I do buy them I'll have the heads surface decked and rebuilt. /Unsure for now/.

Things are slowly coming along. Thinking of selling the 06, using the money to finish the 85 since I don't need two cars.. One car and a truck would be reasonable.
                                __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X