Clear All

Your co-worker should join GMN.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
      Your co-worker should join GMN.
      Well, I suggested that long ago. It's not really her thing, so I doubt she'll ever join.
      ************************************************** ******************************
      1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
      1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
      http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Alright, so things have been slow with the car away for the winter. But I recently traded my old N64 for a Holley 4160, gaskets, jet kit, Holley tuning book and enough spare parts to probably build a second carb. I plan on fiddling with it over the next few months, learning the ropes and figuring out how I want to go about hooking it up to the car. Still debating the whole keep or not keep the EGR. I do like the idea of having a cool old school air breather sitting on top of the 302. But there's something familiar and nostalgic for me about the stock look.

Anyway, I've got a project ahead of me now. I'll post pics if I do anything meaningful with it.
        ************************************************** ******************************
        1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**

Comment

Wow, hell of a good deal!
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Adding to the arsenal of parts tomorrow. Bought an old disassembled 351w. Wish me luck in the future with this thing... I will post photos of my catch soon!

Comment

Wow you're really getting serious on the parts gathering. Read those carb books a few times through. They're a bit dense and take a while to understand fully.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                Wow you're really getting serious on the parts gathering. Read those carb books a few times through. They're a bit dense and take a while to understand fully.
                Yes, they sure are! It's actually pretty well written and there's a vid series on YouTube where some guys rebuild a 4160 using the very same book I have... so there's lots of reference material for the ol' Holley! I should be able to do a fairly competent job at the end of the day. I do have a jet kit and such, so I should be able to do quite a bit of tuning to dial it in once it finally gets put on the car.

Comment

I picked everything up on Sunday. Lots to go through, some of it cleaner and in better shape than others. Curiously I have a cast 2bbl intake and an aluminum 2bbl intake with a built in EGR valve. Not too sure what that's off of, but I'll look up the part number one day soon.

The pics will come later today... I emailed them to my work account, but they haven't shown up yet. I'll just have to wait and do them from home. I have computery stuff to do tonight anyway, so I'll just add it to the list!

Comment

Ok, so a few days late on the promised "pics will come later today". Here's all the booty. PS - the bare heads are D0OE heads and I didn't take them... bare heads = costly. The other heads are D8 heads I believe... too mucky to tell right now, but I suspect they are. If they turn out to be anything good I'll let everyone know.

Anywho, here's what I got for a cool $C Note:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Block.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1279028

Name:	Box of parts.jpg
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1279029

Name:	crank and cam.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1279030

Name:	other box of parts.jpg
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1279031

Name:	pump cover and pan.jpg
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	1279032

Name:	the works.jpg
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	1279033

Picking up some super cheap 351 E7 heads this Sunday. Plan is to fool around with some home porting... if it goes badly, let me know if you need any boat anchors.

Comment

Mine is also a 1985 Canadian 302 stock 2bbl, but with factory duals and also looking for some cheap Lincoln logs for my gt40p's and stock h pipe fitment. Bought it certified with no rust whatsoever (at least that ive found yet). 95k original km's which is equivalent to somewhere around 60k miles. Got it for 4k all in.

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Comment

Originally posted by magnus77 View Post
                        Mine is also a 1985 Canadian 302 stock 2bbl, but with factory duals and also looking for some cheap Lincoln logs for my gt40p's and stock h pipe fitment. Bought it certified with no rust whatsoever (at least that ive found yet). 95k original km's which is equivalent to somewhere around 60k miles. Got it for 4k all in.
                        Hey! Yeah, you have a pretty awesome ride there. I wish mine was that clean, anyway. It's pretty good, but yours looks brand new!

Good to see other Ontario guys on here too!

Comment

I picked up my new (to me) heads on Sunday. Just some plain-Jane 351w E7TE heads, but better than the D8's I have and they were super clean and only $40. My plan was to try my hand at home porting, but they're so nice I don't want to any more. From what I figure, even with stock flow ratings they should be able to support about 300 or so horsies. Probably not to the wheels, but meh, it's still way better than what I have now. A mild cam should provide ample power and a stump hauling low end. I'll probably have to get a spring upgrade though... anyway, I'll take em apart and see what I'm working with. Once they are bare I may not be able to resist a little mild die grinder work. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanP View Post
                            Hey! Yeah, you have a pretty awesome ride there. I wish mine was that clean, anyway. It's pretty good, but yours looks brand new!

Good to see other Ontario guys on here too!
                            Thanks! I couldnt resist haha. I'm keeping the stock block in with the stock cam until a later date, just swapping the heads and hopefully it moves a little easier. Wish I could pull the engine but my garage is storage and have no stand/pulley.

1985 LTD Crown Vic, factory hard top, 302 soon to be gt40p headed (lightly ported & blended), summit brand stealth (port matched), stock cam, summit annular 600cfm VS, dual exhaust, 3.55 LSD, AOD, electric fan swap, tan interior.

Comment

Got a cam today. Lunati Voodoo, baby! Read some good stuff about this one and an amazing deal presented itself, so I jumped at it. Came complete with new lifters too. Super happy with this

Here's the one I got:

http://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=2359

Comment

Nice. looks like a good mild streetable upgrade.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                                X