No announcement yet.

1975 Ford Maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a complete setup and just dropped it in, easy peasy.

Rear springs to come in the spring! It has multiple issues due to those crappy rear springs

I've been starting some bodywork, got 2 used OEM quarter panels, replacing a lot of metal, and doing plenty of fabrication, simply because the pieces are gone, and they don't sell them. I hope to have this section done before late March...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0616.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1278772Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0618.jpg
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1278773Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5048.jpg
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1278775Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5122.jpg
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1278776Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5125.jpg
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1278777Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5126.jpg
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1278778
    Attached Files
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

YAY Snowboarding.

Awesome work Phil. This is a fantastic way to learn. Hope you are taking your time with it, not getting frustrated and doing it right. You will really learn A LOT.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

haha I tried to delete those, no luck.

Thanks Dave! Yes I'm taking my time and going slow. I've made plenty of mistakes and learned a lot from them, plenty more to make I'm sure

I've made more progress that's not show in those pictures, I'll try to update this more frequently now
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

damn. That thing had more cheese than I thought. Looking forward to the all done pics.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

When you're done with that, I've got a Towncar that needs a quarter panel swap
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              damn. That thing had more cheese than I thought. Looking forward to the all done pics.
              Most people who saw the car thought it wasn't that bad, probably due to the massive amounts of filler and half decent paint hiding it. Plenty of swiss here! Thankfully this side is the worst of the 2.

Thain, I hear Nick wants to fix it again

In the meantime, I replaced some swiss, with hearty american, and removed excess pieces from the quarter panel

Name:	IMG_0633.jpg
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1278781Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0636.jpg
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1278782Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0638.jpg
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	1278783Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0639.jpg
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	1278784Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0641.jpg
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1278785Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0645.jpg
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	1278786

IDK why the pictures are sideways, they are fine on my computer, sorry about that
              Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 01-19-2016, 01:14 PM.
              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

That looks like a great learning experience.

Lookin' good, mang!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

you've got one of those sidewerds Macs don't you?
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks! Yup..probably the Mac.

I've almost gotten all the under layers of metal replaced, save for 1 or two small parts and some finishing work! Front and rear lower outer wheel wells, part of the rocker panel, and a bunch of small pieces all done...

I'm trying to get the inspiration to finish it and put the skin on, but i'm struggling with this cold weather. Any inspirational advice guys!?

Name:	IMG_5314.jpg
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1278935Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5316.jpg
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1278936Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5324.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1278937
                    Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 02-13-2016, 11:13 PM.
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Get a heater or wait till its not colder than frig out. Inspiration doesn't help when your hands won't work because its too cold. The other option is doing lead bodywork. The torch will probably help warm your space, and if you suck up enough lead fumes you won't care

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        The other option is doing lead bodywork. The torch will probably help warm your space, and if you suck up enough lead fumes you won't care
                        That is definitely NOT how your Mk7's gonna get fixed!!! Besides, galvanization burning off from the welder is way more efficient than lead fumes
                        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Talk less, weld more I have a truck that needs cab corners and another car that needs a quarter panel.

Comment

Some exciting (for me) new updates!

Finished the metal work that will be under the quarter skin. I bought a $10 harbor freight gun and sprayed AIC industrial strength 2 part epoxy primer on it, and the back side of the quarter. The little gun did really well, both considering its price, and it was my first time using one...Don't worry, I have a nicer gun to spray paint with...

Speaking of which, I am getting a GREAT deal from the Sherwin Williams automotive near me, someone returned a gallon of their highest quality single stage paint (Genesis), in baby blue, like what's on my car. I'm having them tint it darker though. Normally the paint and hardener would cost around $450, but they will give it to me for a measly $150, too good to pass up honestly.

ALSO, I got the driveshaft balanced, it tended to get pretty bad over 75MPH, the guy said it was pretty off balance, and they even coated it with some black paint- only $50, thought that was a good deal.

I should also mention- the "bottoming out" problem I've been having- yeah that was from the stupid slapper bars. There was no rubber snubber on top of them, and it was metal on metal, they also led to some horrible handling characteristics. So those are being taken off, and I'll see how it goes from there.

Name:	12829274_10156580886210392_4646566464812813695_o.jpg
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1279042Click image for larger version

Name:	12513746_10156580886385392_117646667426343238_o.jpg
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1279039Click image for larger version

Name:	12819401_10156580886410392_1878166474031190535_o.jpg
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	1279041Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0804.jpg
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	1279043Click image for larger version

Name:	12782541_10156518446670392_1342606220_n.jpg
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1279040
                            Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 03-12-2016, 08:02 PM.
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Where did you get the driveshaft done?

Aren't those slapper bar things supposed to only operate if the axle is rolling, not so much if its just vertical travel? Sounds like they weren't set up right if it was bottoming out on a regular basis. I believe those are really only supposed to make contact on hard launches to prevent the springs from flexing and letting the diff roll backwards.

Nice score on the paint too. Are they going to be able to get it to completely match, or are you looking to repaint the whole car ?

Comment

That is indeed a great price on the driveshaft balancing. My local guy I've been using gets $80 for shortening and balancing, everyone else is greedy as fawk and wants triple that Talk about out of touch with reality - for what it cost to get a usable used shaft (after running all over creation to even find one in the first place), plus their work, I can have someone like Tom Woods build me a brand new shaft with new yokes in pretty much any size I want and have it shipped too.

Nice score on the paint too!
                                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X