Derek's 1988 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks farm!

It's illegal in Michigan to tint the front I think but so far I haven't been bothered by the roadside taxmen. I went as dark as I could go with the rears, I think the fronts are 20%
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Technical question for the peeps who have messed with throttlebodies or done the HO upperstuff swap on LoPos..

I've got a Lightning EGR spacer & TB that's ready to go with panther linkage already swapped on but have decided to use an HO TB & spacer. Reason is that with my limited resources & skills I can't find a reliable way to plug the big hole in the butterfly so I don't want a high idle problem.. Anyway, I'm trying to swap over the linkage from the LoPo TB but how do you get it off? I can get the whole assembly out of the TB but can't figure out how to remove just the bracket.. I tried cutting the little tangs or tabs on the HO bracket but that didn't help any.

Comment

You gotta grind the tangs off then pry up on the linkage. Its on there good.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks Dave, I'll give that a go.

Comment

Its soooooo pretty :c

I sometimes wish I would've got a TC instead of a GM...they look so much better.

Comment

i thinkl im in love i want it . looking good mang
              sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
              87 mercury grand marquis
              88 crown vic lx
              89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
              89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
              00 ford crown vic lx hpp
              03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

Out and about this weekend, thought I'd take some new pics of the old girl.

Comment

Like she rolled off the assembly line! Also I didn't notice the vent windows earlier; bonus points for cockblasters. First shot's the favorite, you really see the different shades of black and the clearcoat. Third shot shows the size nicely; just barely wide enough to stay on its half of the driveway!
                  '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                  '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                  '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Black sure is a sharp color when clean. That is a beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by killgore View Post
                      Its soooooo pretty :c

I sometimes wish I would've got a TC instead of a GM...they look so much better.
                      Originally posted by visionmercury View Post
                      i thinkl im in love i want it . looking good mang
                      Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                      Like she rolled off the assembly line! Also I didn't notice the vent windows earlier; bonus points for cockblasters. First shot's the favorite, you really see the different shades of black and the clearcoat. Third shot shows the size nicely; just barely wide enough to stay on its half of the driveway!
                      Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                      Black sure is a sharp color when clean. That is a beauty.
                      Thanks fellas!

I think I prefer the lines of the TC over the Ferd & Mercury versions too. Nice looking cars for sure, but there's something about the crisp fender lines, wheel wells and flush door handles that really set these Lincoln things off.

Cock blasters, lol. The vent windows are pretty neat. People seem to gravitate to those more than anything, the figure they're fixed in place but when they see them go down they're impressed but get bummed out they don't have their own control. That would be nice for sure.

I love black TC's, maybe it's just because of the Limo thing but a black TC just has a more stately presence to me. Especially at night with all the lights on and that coach lamp going, love that. Wish I had red or black interior to go with this thing, although I have really started to like the tan. I tried sitting in some Cadillac Broughams at junkyards and while I like them, they just don't seem to have what the Lincolns have. Body lines are just too flaccid and GM did a piss poor job integrating their coach lamp in and most of them don't even have power mirrors. They do have digital climate control & a telescoping steering wheel though. Love their warning light placement too. Would only own one if I could have both that and my TC.

Comment

Damn that thing is gorgeous Derek! I'd be afraid to take it outside for fear a bird would shit on it or something. I agree, the Townie is just a classy-looking car, unmatched by any of it's peers. I wouldn't be able to leave the old-man wheels on it though. Bet it handles like a battleship but sure comfy on the highway.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Khead!

LoL, plenty of birds have popped a squat on it.. There are some scars from it too. I'll work on them later though. I think it handles fine, it's got some body roll sure but that helps with the comfy ride. I'm always passing later model cars with their light weight and nimble suspensions on the two lane on ramps and even when the expressways get a bit bendy. Makes me laugh. If the tires aren't singing, you're ok. 'Old man' wheels stay. With old age [used to] come prestige, wisdom and refinement. If I changed them I feel like I'd have to go full Hot Rod Lincoln with it but can't bring myself to do it to this car. I feel it all just fits so well, to me there is no better wheel for a TC. Well, short of the other cast aluminum ones they made but I think I prefer the turbines..

Comment

Just a thought, you may want to consider a rear sway. It doesn't make the ride worse really just takes some of the roll out of it.

Jay
                            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Nice pics!
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks Dave!

Comment

Working...
                                X