• Show
Clear All

So pimp. I never seen it.
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

Hah, thanks Salty! If you've got the time there are more pics at the start of the page. I've taken lots of the car, just never upload them..
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I read through the thread today. Good to be all caught up
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

LoL. Guess I should update it more often.

Sent with my phonic while eating biscuits & mustard with French-fried taters mm-hmm.

Comment

Putting a PI rear bar on soon if you want my stocker civi bar, although I can't imagine they're hard to come by in the junkyard.

Comment

Jesus, you guys really want me to put a sway bar on this thing don't you? LoL. Well, I guess if I'm being offered a nice non rusty Commiefornia one then I can't refuse. Will you be selling the hardware for it too?

Comment

I love this farkin' thing at night! Coach/Opera lamps for life.

Sent with my phonic while eating biscuits & mustard with French-fried taters mm-hmm.

Comment

That thing has a shitload of lights all over it! Looks like a plane landing at night. Yeah you definitely needed that 3g alternator, lol. Far as the swaybar and hardware goes, I think I have an extra set of hardware but I need to confirm that. Still gotta wirewheel and paint my PI to put it on. It obviously came from your side of the country Once I get that sorted and figure out how to package the bar, I'll get a price on shipping and it's yours for that. May take me a few weeks since I've got almost 0 spare time these days.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                    That thing has a shitload of lights all over it! Looks like a plane landing at night. Yeah you definitely needed that 3g alternator, lol. Far as the swaybar and hardware goes, I think I have an extra set of hardware but I need to confirm that. Still gotta wirewheel and paint my PI to put it on. It obviously came from your side of the country Once I get that sorted and figure out how to package the bar, I'll get a price on shipping and it's yours for that. May take me a few weeks since I've got almost 0 spare time these days.
                    Another reason I love Townies. I love lights. Divorced side markers are a major plus, hate when they're integrated in with the taillights or front fascia.

LoL, yeah we don't charge extra for the rust and that's our signature right there.

Get me a quote on yur turbines too, they gotsta be clean.. Mine are starting to perforate. No worries on the time though, I'm in no rush.

Comment

Heh... you should see the front of my 93 vic with the driving lights and grill lights lit up with the headlights.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah the turbines that were on the dead car were super-clean, and are in boxes in my garage. The ones from the new car are now on the dead one, and will go with it to the junkyard probably. They look like shit anyway but i'll save the center caps. Plan is to get over next weekend to work on cars so I should get my new front swaybar from Merc91 by then too and do them both. Woo! I'll get everything together and maybe stick it in my work truck so whilst i'm out and about I can pop in and get a shipping quote. PM me your info Derek and i'll get crackin' on this shit finally.

Comment

Sweet. PM sent. I want thos goddam turbines!

Comment

So here's another reason why not to run 3k+ miles on old, junk tires.

Repaired minus new tires:

Comment

Also a reminder of why I don't gamble, ashamed to admit this is me but I own up to my bullshit as it happens..

I procrastinated in putting new meats on my Townie before our decent to Florida about a month ago. Ashley had even offered up the idea of swapping her summer tires onto my car for the trip. Then, in my infinite wisdom I wait until week of the trip [Monday] to call up the tire joint to see if they'd swap the tires over before Friday. Said they were too booked so I chanced said tires, going slow. Got to FLA just peachy and did our driving down there just fine but somewhere just north of Atlanta on the way back the one tire decided to fuck off, and fuck off violently it did, a rage quit. Could've been much worse as far as fender damage and stuff goes so I'm glad I got off with what I did. Keen observers will note that despite my repair the wheel lip molding is still a bit fubar in the area behind the tire, will need to find another one of those. Figures too that while we were at Parts Galore in Detroit some week before our Florida trip they had 3 panther Lincolns with the parts I needed. Inventory showed said cars were still there, we show up this past weekend and they were nowhere to be found. Ashley's TC is running on 7/8 cylinders, continues to foul out spark plugs and potentially needs head gaskets so unfortunately the vultures [me] have started to swoop in on it and that's where I got my replacement parts. Ashley sanctioned it! Honest! she was wondering when I'd bring it up. Turns out that part disintegrated into 4 pieces on me when I tried to remove the ditch light from the socket, super glue to the rescue. Lets see how well that holds up... Anyway, fender down there got kicked out a bit, needed to be straightened and some touch up work done so that's what I did. Waiting for dry weather to go and put tires on the thing, haven't drove it since. Firestone fuel fighters is what it's gonna get. Not cause I'm concerned about MPG just because they've got good reviews, and I like the way the sidewall & tread pattern look. Dad always said to put Michelins on a Lincoln but the ones that fit my application got purty bad reviews... On a side note, on the way back we recorded the best ever MPG in Ohio. Mostly flat roads at 65mph yielded something like 23.5 or 24.5mpg, not sure at this point. But, with the way I top off the tank during road trips [gas standing in the filler neck- very time consuming and quick fingers needed] I pulled I think 400 miles or 380 out of the tank, incredible, like dual tank F-Series truck territory right there.
                              Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 02-06-2017, 08:45 AM.

Comment

I had that happen with an old tire, same front passenger side too. That was probably 2 years ago on The Ice Car. I was already planning on getting new tires, that just forced me to do it right away. The tire had a good amount of tread left but was quite old. Luckily no ditch lights on The Ice Car, that would have been gone for sure, so all I ended up with was a slight hardly noticeable bend at the bottom.

I've pulled that kind of mileage out of my '89 running 250ish miles east through the UP and then kept going and filled up again north of 320 miles in the LP with the low fuel light not on yet (didn't want to push it since the next known stop was too far for comfort).
                                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                                X