No announcement yet.

Ashley's 1989 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's definately going to a good home guys. I have quite a few plans for this very rust free, and unmolested beauty. New Dark Blue BC/CC paint along with all the associated bodywork, having the front and rear seats recovered in blue velour...polishing all that beautiful stainless trim to a mirror shine...also Swapping in an Explorer or HO motor. Planning on keeping and enjoying this one indefinitely.

Comment

That was the plan for us but with no garage storage it never materialized.. Can't wait to see what it looks like with fresh paint and an HO in it.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
        It's definately going to a good home guys. I have quite a few plans for this very rust free, and unmolested beauty. New Dark Blue BC/CC paint along with all the associated bodywork, having the front and rear seats recovered in blue velour...polishing all that beautiful stainless trim to a mirror shine...also Swapping in an Explorer or HO motor. Planning on keeping and enjoying this one indefinitely.
        Off-topic, but seeing as how I live near you, do you know of any good upholstery shops in the area? My Lincoln has the same simulated convertible top as your car and it definitely needs to be replaced. Also off-topic, but I have various trim bits and a blue dash pad if you need any of that stuff.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
        2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
        2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Originally posted by L1011tristar17 View Post
          Off-topic, but seeing as how I live near you, do you know of any good upholstery shops in the area? My Lincoln has the same simulated convertible top as your car and it definitely needs to be replaced. Also off-topic, but I have various trim bits and a blue dash pad if you need any of that stuff.
          Absolutely. I've had several sets of seats, headliners, door panels, and dash pads done by Frederick's auto interiors in Charlotte. They are my go to people. Top quality work, but it's not for the cheap of wallet, lol. They do vinyl top replacement to my knowledge, but I've never had one done there. This towny will be the first vinyl top I will have ever had replaced. I've slicktopped everything else I've ever built.

Comment

She's got a rag top. Seams of the edges are funky but the cloth is still in great shape, cambria I think it's called. Looks great with the color combo & wheels. What are the average prices to have seats recovered? I've always been curious but have never had to have them done.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Depending on complexity, it can run a lot. The average old truck bench usually runs around $500 to redo in Naugahyde. They quoted me $1500 for the signature front seats redone in velour, which are fairly elaborate, so that's about right. Good upholstery jobs are never cheap.

Comment

My dad had a warrant out for his arrest once for embarrassing the Houston DA with his Naugis story (where Naugahyde comes from). He made it sound like some rare animal in Africa. Ah... good time.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Does this car have blue leather seats? Have a friend with an 88 Signature light blue on dark blue velour. He's hunting for blue Signature leather.

Congrats on the purchase! The late 80s Town cars are a great looking and riding automobile!
                  -Nick M.
                  Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                  03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Working...
                  X