No announcement yet.

1983 Mercury Grand Marquis 2Dr "Mercules”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got that leaking, broken ass AOD out. And my HF trans jack was the real MVP!
    Attached Files
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Fuck yo' AOD.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wooooo

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Sometime this week I am going to index my Ford Racing TKO bellhousing, just need to get new bolts for my bellhousing. I have a lot of little parts to still get, and still a lot of work ahead of me. I have been keeping track of all the little parts as I need them, and it sure adds up!

Comment

Stop keeping track. Its a sure path to depression. Also, evidence to be used against you should the wifey find the records.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I keep track only because I like to know what I need. I erase when I buy something, so no records are kept

Comment

Yeah, when you keep track and then you find out that you're several thousand deep in a car that's only worth a few hundred bucks.

This thing done yet?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                  Got that leaking, broken ass AOD out.
                  nonsense...
                  2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                  89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                  88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                    Yeah, when you keep track and then you find out that you're several thousand deep in a car that's only worth a few hundred bucks.

This thing done yet?
                    My trans swap cost about 10x what I paid for the car.

Comment

Life keeps me busy as hell. However, I was finally able to get the runout checked on my bellhousing. This is why I like Ford Racing products, they are high quality! The numbers are in thousandths of an inch. Tremec requires .005" as the max runout. Clearly, I am good

Hopefully I can get the floor chopped and get the trans in next weekend. Then, I will work on getting the old pedals/booster/MC installed.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I was wondering what happened with the off set dowel checking dealio. Nice to see progress.
                        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

No offset dowel rods needed. Big thanks to my bro Adam (splorer4.0, and those who met him at SF last year) for use of his dial indicator. Plus, it saves me a few bucks. I just need to order a pressure plate bolt/dowel kit this week.

Comment

Those numbers indicate you are way off the 0.005" spec. 35 thousandths is 0.035. Unless that is a ten thousandths indicator. It'll say 0.0001" on the scale. Looks like a 0-1" by 0.001" dial indicator though if I had to guess at it.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

No the numbers on the bell in the pic without the dial indicator are correct. The one with the dial indicator was after I was expirimenting with angle, mounting, etc of the dial indicator.

Comment

Is there that much play in the mounting holes? Howd you get the runout close? I see your original numbers then the corrected numbers showing all is well.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X