No announcement yet.

1983 Mercury Grand Marquis 2Dr "Mercules”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was dark, but I finally managed to get my exhaust on. 2.5" all the way, already had the 2.5" off-road H pipe. I ran dynomax mustang midpipes (so they would bolt onto the H pipe without cutting), some 2.5" exhaust straights I cut to fit, Summit Polished Stainless mufflers (from the white car), and 2.5" dumps right at the rear axle. I will get pics sooner or later.

It sounds really good. A little quiet, but anything is after the open H pipe! An 8.3:1 compression 130hp 302 doesn't help either, lol..

I do really need to diagnose the rough running, as it represents a shitty drivability problem too. I suspect the TPS, I will have to test it whenever I get time.
    Last edited by Grand Marquis GT; 07-22-2016, 12:23 AM.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Funny, I also ended up throwing a return spring on the hydro-clutched T5 that I happen to work on once. Idk why these transmissions always need that, none of the bigger shit ever gave me issues with zero add-on springy action, but these darn things, ugh!

Shame turbines only come so small and narrow. Some 16" or 17" dia in about 8" or 9" width would be pimpin
      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
        Shame turbines only come so small and narrow. Some 16" or 17" dia in about 8" or 9" width would be pimpin
        So much This!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Here's an exhaust video. Yes, my son loves the car too!

Comment

Sorry if I missed this but did you end up boxing the trans crossmember?
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

...not yet lol

Comment

Copy that. I see it turned into "how long will it last like this?"
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Trapped the kid in the back seat I see. Won't work for long, he'll be strong enough to shove that seat out of his way any time now.

How old is he now anyway, about 2 ?
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    Trapped the kid in the back seat I see. Won't work for long, he'll be strong enough to shove that seat out of his way any time now.

How old is he now anyway, about 2 ?
                    He'll be 4 in a couple months.

I got a great video of him shifting gears like he knew what he was doing. I may post it.

Comment

If he was also clutching you're in big trouble, better start building a 2nd car as soon as this one is mostly done.
                      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Merc sounds good! Seems to have good tone with the muffs. Son playing Pokémon?

Comment

4? Jeez. When did we all get old?
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            4? Jeez. When did we all get old?
                            about 4 years ago.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Took this pile out for the last drive of 2016, to the grocery store.

Laid a nice 1-2 burnout coming out of the parking lot, and roached one of the coolant hoses up on the intake. Not fucking with it until I get back from overseas. Was still fun for as slow as it is!

Comment

So, my project for when I return is to build a 92-97 rear for the car. With that will include new ENS bushings, boxed control arms, and new rear lowering springs.

Going to go with 3.73s, 31 spline axles, and going to do a couple mods for strengthening. Hoping to find someone local to weld the axletubes to the housing.

Comment

Working...
                                X