Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sly
    replied
    It's 3/16 on 3/8 bracket main mounts (yeah... they're that thick) and 1/4 brackets on the lower strap to the frame. It's pretty damn beefy in the right spots. The lower mounts to the frame should keep a high grill hit from pushing the thing back into the grill short of bending the frame horns.

Leave a comment:

• His Royal Ghostliness
    replied
    175 is good weight for a bumper, not too heavy but not light enough to be made of sheetmetal. What's the plate thickness, 1/8" or 3/16"? Looks good tho. Also I would be VERY tempted to weld a vertical plate on top of those bottom brackets, this will stiffen the thing quite a bit which is good as right now a top-heavy impact (say the spare wheel of a lifted Jeep) will try to twist the grille guard portion of the bumper right into your header panel. This can still be made removable with a bit (but not much) of extra effort, let me know if you'd like a drawing of what I have in mind.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
    I have a feeling people will be more inclined to move if you decide to get close to their rear bumper.

And that thing is clean underneath.
    People around here are idiots on the road. This won't change any of that. It will help save the front of my vehicle from damage though should the need arise.

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
    That is one hefty looking bumper. How much does that thing weigh ?
    According to the site... 170 pounds. The bumper I took off is about 25 pounds or so. Barely even goes beyond the frame rail as well. This bumper will definitely improve the small overlap rating.

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    That is one hefty looking bumper. How much does that thing weigh ?

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    I have a feeling people will be more inclined to move if you decide to get close to their rear bumper.

And that thing is clean underneath.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    The bumper mount holes on the truck needed stretched (ground outward) and the additional bracket (2-bolts on the lower support) to make up the gap on the frame brace.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    She is mean looking.

Minor modifications needed?

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    Bumper installed... PICS!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170917_122536m.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	1282276Click image for larger version

Name:	20170917_122547s.jpg
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	1282277Click image for larger version

Name:	20170917_122605m.jpg
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	1282278Click image for larger version

Name:	20170917_122624g.jpg
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1282279Click image for larger version

Name:	20170917_122646.jpg
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1282280Click image for larger version

Name:	20170917_122704.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1282281

Leave a comment:

• SVT98t
    replied
    Welcome to the big boy truck club!!!

-ryan s.

Leave a comment:

• nfldfordltd
    replied
    Mind the plugs. Other than that, the truck mod motors are pretty good overall. I LOVE the personal touch.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
    nice jason hows the 5.4
    Dunno... mine has the 4.6L.

Leave a comment:

• gabegt90
    replied
    nice jason hows the 5.4

Leave a comment:

• 79lincolnlover
    replied
    Originally posted by sly View Post

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    wishlist item for the beast... http://bumpersuperstore.com/i-114587...2004-2005.html

Leave a comment:

• His Royal Ghostliness
    replied
    Originally posted by sly View Post
    The AC works too well. I have not been able to keep it colder than half way between cold and hot so far. I think if I actually ran it on full blast that I could literally refrigerate the cabin (get the temp below 40F). The AC in that truck is amazing.
    Lucky you! A/C is something that needs to be done ASAP in my POS, truck cat was NOT amused on the last long trip.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X