No announcement yet.

'Sherrie' my 86 Oxford White CV Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good and coming together nicely. I love the two doors in Ford flavor.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Thanks. Staying as Ford as I can has been the challenge so far but..it's working out. Feeding this air into a box and filter and then into the TB is going to be a challenge if I want to continue with the Ford plan.
      All FORD All The Time

Comment

It doesn't get much sexier than those gridded taillights and horizontal parking lights combined with the uplevel interior. Oops, now I'm starting to miss my '85.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

A funny thing, this irony.
          Since I was a kid, I wanted a Grand Marquis coupe in the wine color with the dark red interior. A retired gentleman had one with Cragars on it, and I thought it was absolutely beautiful.

....It was absolutely beautiful.
          So, decades go by, I find Sherrie literally on the side of the road and here we are. I really love this car.

What showed up on FB marketplace a few days ago.
          An 86 Grand Marquis coupe in those colors with 16K miles on it...
          Ungh.
          All FORD All The Time

Comment

It does not hurt to have another one as long as you have somewhere to put it.

Comment

And this is why I don't look at Marketplace. I don't have the room for anything else and I don't want to get my hopes up on anything that might only be a phishing post.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                It does not hurt to have another one as long as you have somewhere to put it.
                ...and thus the problem..
                All FORD All The Time

Comment

I see no problem... I see an answer to the empty spot in your driveway. ;-)

Comment

Sherrie is at the upholstery shop for the top. After we got her inside, I took a few shots. Giving serious thought to the next step. The electric power steering pump might be in my future. In removing the mechanical pump, there will be room for..... ‍(?)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Front view small.jpg Views:	0 Size:	414.7 KB ID:	1386459
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Front drivers small.jpg Views:	0 Size:	309.5 KB ID:	1386457
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Front passenger small.jpg Views:	0 Size:	266.7 KB ID:	1386458
                    Last edited by clutch47; 02-25-2023, 04:17 PM.
                    All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
                      In removing the mechanical pump, there will be room for.....
                      1. Steering rack?
                      2. Belt driven air compressor for air bags and dixie horn?
                      3. Wu-tang war whistle?
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Yay new top time. It is gonna be nice!

I have to say seeing those hood vents really make me smile. They look like they were done well and could pass for an aftermarket hood option from way back when. Id say stock but there was no chance of sporty hoods being made for these rigs.

I love it!
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Now that Sherrie has nostrils; you need to get a couple turbskies ;-)

When you go with an electric power steering pump; let me know the model#. My brand new p/s pump leaks all its fluid. Probably sat on the warehouse shelf for way too long.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                            Now that Sherrie has nostrils; you need to get a couple turbskies ;-)

When you go with an electric power steering pump; let me know the model#. My brand new p/s pump leaks all its fluid. Probably sat on the warehouse shelf for way too long.
                            Not thinking turbo at this time.
                            I'm leaning toward a centrifugal blower and a downdraft intercooler similar to the SVO, with the drivers side almost venting directed down immediately into it.
                            The passenger side I'm still unsure of.
                            Either incorporated into a dual box like the Thunderbird was only flopped. The issue is clearance over the distributor and intake.
                            We're getting there.

the power steering pump is going to be one of two available. One has a reservoir incorporated into the unit, and the other allows for a remote reservoir.
                            According to Rock Auto,the vehicles you want one from are: '06-08 C70
                            '05-09 S40
                            '05-09 V50
                            There are YouTube videos everywhere too..

All FORD All The Time

Comment

She's back from the upholstery shop and I'm pretty damn pleased. I didn't know that FoMoCo only padded the sides..
                              It is padded completely now with closed cell foam and there was no trace of rust or problems under the old top. The headliner was still in good enough condition that I opted not to replace it.
                              Enough of that. Here's the pix.

Attached Files
                              All FORD All The Time

Comment

Looks very nice. I love the original look with the stitching up top.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X