'Sherrie' my 86 Oxford White CV Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could get work as a movie car.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

If I were anywhere near you; I would grab the front doors off that P72. Didn't P72s have manual windows?

Comment

Finally. It's been a long search for anything decent.
        I still haven't gotten close enough to the car to get pictures of any part of it.
        If I can get the A/C brackets, I'm going to and maybe get them scanned into cad plans to share so anyone can make them.
        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Very nice. Not always a guarantee for a police car to have one of those. Nice to be able to find them though when you can.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Found a lower valance. It's just clamped on in this picture, but I think with some patience and my heat gun it will form nicely. It was tough to find one that didn't have fog light cutouts and a center point.
            Almost as if it was made for Sherrie, the two OEM holes line up perfectly with the rubber bumpers.
            It's from a mid 80s Chebby van.
            ​​​ Now I've gotta find a way to finish it into the wheel opening.
            I'm thinking about some Mustang pieces flipped over and cut. We'll see..​
            Attached Files
            All FORD All The Time

Comment

How will it change the airflow under the car?
              What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Theoretically, should improve aero by pushing more air around the car instead of under it and reduce turbulence and maybe even gain some highway MPG on the order of 1-2 MPG.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Wonder what effect it will have on cooling the engine area?
                  What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                  What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I don't suspect it to affect it at all considering 99% of the vehicles on the road have some sort of air dam or air direction in place. When I find the right material, I'll likely make a pan for the front and something for the rear too paying respect to the cars era.
                    One piece at a time.
                    All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
                      Found a lower valance. It's just clamped on in this picture, but I think with some patience and my heat gun it will form nicely. It was tough to find one that didn't have fog light cutouts and a center point.
                      Almost as if it was made for Sherrie, the two OEM holes line up perfectly with the rubber bumpers.
                      It's from a mid 80s Chebby van.
                      ​​​ Now I've gotta find a way to finish it into the wheel opening.
                      I'm thinking about some Mustang pieces flipped over and cut. We'll see..​
                      What'd ya get it off of? 80's chevy vans don't have a peaked bumper, nor air dams. Doubt that's from an Astro either, looks too big. Looks a lot like a GMT400 air dam.
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

I bought it from a guy on marketplace for $20.
                        He said it came off his sister's mid-80s Chevy van that he was scrapping. I wanted the rest of the valances and ground effects but this was the only piece he had that was undamaged. Our conversation led me to it being a hightop conversion type van. ‍
                        All FORD All The Time

Comment

Ah, I was just wondering since I know a few chevy vans being stripped somewhat nearby. None of them have anything like that (and no peaked bumpers). Some conversion vans do have huge body kits but those front valances are way different.

A GMT400 valance / air dam for reference:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Front-Bumper-Air-Deflector-A-OEM-88-99-GM-Trucks-SUV.GM-15569428a.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1390090
                          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                          1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Maybe that's it. Who knows. It definitely does look similar.
                            what exactly is a gmt 400?
                            All FORD All The Time

Comment

It's a 1988-1998 Chevrolet/GMC pick-up truck. Also includes 1992-1998 Suburbans, Tahoes and Blazers. In 3/4 or 1 ton trim, you could get them up to the year 2000.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Something I definitely wouldn't know.. lol.
                                thanks Derek.
                                All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
                                X