Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gadget73
    replied
    mostly the misery part is the short studs. If you can get them to back out some it helps, or just sub them for threaded rod will make your life easier. Apparently the stock fasteners were a snap-off design, which is why they're just barely long enough to hold it when tight and an absolute bear to get back together.

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    Finally got the tank out.
    I recall the adventures of reinstalling Donald 's tank @ Scottfest. It took a crew of experienced mechanics to get it back in. Here it's just lil ole me. LOL

Met with 2 tree companies today, one ran away screaming, the other gave us a firm number & will return tomorrow to giter done. The boys & I have to help haul wood for that price though....
    Last edited by mitymerc; 07-08-2019, 06:40 PM. Reason: Speeling

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    Soooo, The exhaust system we just reassembled is in the way of dropping the gastank. Fun.

Leave a comment:

• slack
    replied
    That sucks. I have a really nice sycamore tree in my yard that's as old as the house and would hate to lose it. It's healthy as an ox but the wind lately has been insane..

Leave a comment:

• jaywish
    replied
    crapola

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    I thought I would be working on the fuel pump issue today....
    Dealing with this instead.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190707_164435.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	1285557

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Hope the rebirth goes well. It always sounded like a fun car. Nice to get it back in action.

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    Yup, it really does exist. LOL

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Is this the blue car?"

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    started a topic The Blues Bison

The Blues Bison

Introducing The Blue Bison, so named because it is big & my son donated a stuffed bison to ride in it.
    I think it will finally be roaming the plains this summer.
    Over the past few weeks we have cleaned up almost a decade

Click image for larger version

Name:	1562443140519242989869.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	1304988of stuff that got "stored" in, around and under it. Reinstalled the trans and exhaust, ordered rear wheels, reinstalled the TFI amongst other things. Right now fighting to get it started. The TFI was "borrowed" under hurried circumstances. I neglected to mark the dist. To make things more interesting I was just informed the "fresh" gas I just poured in is from last year's lawnmowing season. Got fuel pressure but it will not burp fart or make any kind of starting noises. Can't reach in to plug cyl #1 w/my finger, may try cyl #5... I believe the TFI I put in is good it was the spare from dragstrip box.
Working...
X