No announcement yet.

My 79 Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brought both fenders to a body shop, would charge $550 to cut that....the recessed area is the issue. Since they are non functional I might go the bling route as the money I have will go to professional painting / body work bad wheel well.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

If you were local I’d do it for fun.

At least keep the old fender or cut it down some to save that part if you ever choose to go that route in the future.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I wish, my freind...still debating.

Trim off one complete side

Attached Files

Comment

Now I know what the crack sound was, when putting my window up. Looks like someone was in here before and rigged it with wire?

Looks like I need a new window bracket to where it attaches to the arm?

Attached Files

Comment

Yeah... later regulators are metal for that bit with the plastic bit on the arm sliding inside. Might need to find a regulator for an 82 or so to swap in.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              Yeah... later regulators are metal for that bit with the plastic bit on the arm sliding inside. Might need to find a regulator for an 82 or so to swap in.
              He doesn't need a "regulator", he needs the bracket/guide that is riveted to the glass. I would replace that piece in steel, (later than 79-81). I have them. WagonMan
              89 Colony Park
              90 Colony Park
              70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

technically yes, but that bracket is part of the regulator. I'm used to replacing entire regulators instead of trying to repair parts of them.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

This is the piece that needs replacing. Part of the window assembly. WagonMan
                  Attached Files
                  89 Colony Park
                  90 Colony Park
                  70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Thank you gentleman. WAGONMAN, pm sent

Comment

Yes, I consider that part of the regulator that the window is riveted to. tomAto tomahto

Comment

Does anyone have the bolt size to the header panel to fender? Or an alternate bolt that would work? The one I saved is MIA. It looks like this:

Attached Files

Comment

I'll see if I can remember when I get home... I think I have a couple of those on hand I can check. Pulled the hardware out of the broken header panel when I removed it from my car.

Comment

The bolt end should be 1/4-28 (quarter fine thread). No clue what the plastic/wood digger end would be called. The ones I have are from mirrors actually, but it's the same nuts as the header panels I've dealt with. If you have a spare nut, you can verify this at a hardware store if you don't have a bolt/nut sizer.

Comment

This is the only thing I can find that is close. Lots of 20 options but not 28

Attached Files

Comment

You can just epoxy a long bolt in there after you cut off the head. That will get the job done for you.

I myself have epoxied the proper hardware threaded into the header panel (as I had them on hand) to help ensure they stay put because the holes were a bit tired. A lot of anti seize on the threads of the bolt that goes through the fenders and core support etc so you have a chance of removing them in the future in case you ever need to.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X