05 Grand Marq GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigMerc96 View Post
    Oh, and the "Marauder specific" air filter element is still available. It is sometimes also listed as being for a '07+ CVPI or some other weird changeover year. Dunno if Ford actually did use them in the later CVPIs or not. Doesn't much matter because its physically the same size as the "regular" '86+ Panther filter. I've run the Marauder filter in all of my cars for years, while its the same size as a regular one, it has deeper pleating and its usually the same price. Purolator makes a nice one with a good seal that seems to fit better than most when the airbox gets slightly warped.
    The difference between cvpi & civillian (07+), the cvpi filter floweda more cfm than the civvie version. Take note; rockauto listings are reversed at least for 2008, cross check for the correct motorcraft number if you want a motorcraft filter from rockauto.

WIX civvie #46134 320cfm flow rating
    WIX cvpi/marauder #46814 450cfm flow rating.

Most places show 1 filter for everything, Marauder, Grand Marquis, Crown Vic. No idea which spec they are following.
    Incidently, air filters for the boxes are the same size (wix 46134), so more flow with no effort get a maruader/cvpi filter.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
      The difference between cvpi & civillian (07+), the cvpi filter floweda more cfm than the civvie version. Take note; rockauto listings are reversed at least for 2008, cross check for the correct motorcraft number if you want a motorcraft filter from rockauto.

WIX civvie #46134 320cfm flow rating
      WIX cvpi/marauder #46814 450cfm flow rating.

Most places show 1 filter for everything, Marauder, Grand Marquis, Crown Vic. No idea which spec they are following.
      Incidently, air filters for the boxes are the same size (wix 46134), so more flow with no effort get a maruader/cvpi filter.
      Would not greater flow also mean more dirt gets through?
      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

We're not talking K&N flow here. But if you think your car is feeling choked, air filter is the place to start considering there is a high & low flow version of the same thing (and a third if you include the Marauder one which has its own motorcraft pn)

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
          We're not talking K&N flow here. But if you think your car is feeling choked, air filter is the place to start considering there is a high & low flow version of the same thing (and a third if you include the Marauder one which has its own motorcraft pn)
          Wonder what these "increase flow" filters do (if anything) in a stock GM or CV?
          What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
          What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

If the demand is there, lets the engine have it. Its not rocket appliances. =-)

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
              Wonder what these "increase flow" filters do (if anything) in a stock GM or CV?
              Doubt it. Airflow is a good thing, and there is typically a negligible price difference between the 2 versions, so that is what I buy. Not something I'd even call a "mod", just something to consider the next time you need to replace your air filter. I doubt even a typical bolt-on modified Panther really needs the extra airflow from a filter, but like GM_Guy said, might as well let it have it in case it needs it. I can't think of any real downsides. Probably put well over 150k miles on my Aeros (and the '98) with a Marauder air filter installed in the stock box. My buddy's '91 Colony Park also had one, cuz the one I'd just taken out of my car and hadn't tossed yet was way cleaner than the filter it had in it when we gave it a tune-up (he neglected to buy a filter).
              -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
              1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
              1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Back on the road again!

Took it off the road this April when I bought my 06 Land Rover LR3. I was hoping to sell this car and put my 05 330xi on the road, but that never happened. New starter, fuel filter, oil change, pads and rotors on all 4 corners, fresh paint on the winter steelies, and it's better than ever!

Have been driving it daily for a month now, forgot how much I like this car!

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                  I was hoping to sell this car
                  Me too.
                  '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                  formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Working...
                  X