No announcement yet.

'82 Mercury Cougar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snuck the car out for a rip a couple weeks back after a rainy week where there was little to no salt out on the roads. What a fun little ride.

'91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

This thing is awesome! Definitely some tasteful mods done to it, and the interior is gorgeous. It's rare enough that I'd keep the stock front end, but that's just me.
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Y'know, initially I was thinking I'd try and source a Marquis LTS parts car and work with that, but honestly, the front end grew on me pretty quickly.
        '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
        formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Very sharp car. I like the wheels. Keep your eyes open for spare parts. Getting very hard to find especially wagons.

Comment

Cool car, cousin to my Zephyr.

Comment

Yep, and both the Zephyr and Cougar are pretty uncommon (at least around here).
              I'm excited to tinker with the car but I definitely won't be going as hardcore as your project is. It would never get done if I started.

Comment

There are different front ends available? I like the nose it has..
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The Cougar had its own nose, but being a Fox body means other body parts can interchange...ish - i.e. Fairmont

Comment

I wonder if a Mustang nose would fit? I saw an LTD sedan that had a Mustang nose on it.
                    Did not care for the look, but had to do a double-take.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ltd1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1386924

Comment

another one

Comment

Yeah, I agree with you - not really a fan of the Mustang swaps on the early Fox sedans. I guess with a 4-eye swap it isn't as bad, like this...

What I'd really like to see is a Capri grafted onto the front of one. That might actually look slick..........

Comment

The four eye one does look better i agree.
                          But the Cougar nose looks great! No need to change that at all.
                          My Zephyr is four eyed but i have a Fairmont grill and 2 headlight setup just in case i get bored someday.
                          Your grille looks cool almost Lincoln-like.

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
                            My Zephyr is four eyed but i have a Fairmont grill and 2 headlight setup just in case i get bored someday.
                            Just went through and checked out the '79 build...way, way, way more intensive and well done than my car. Is the Fairmont header panel color matched? Could be cool to swap, though the Zephyr front end does have a sportier look IMO and works well with the way your suspension is set up.

I like the "I survived Catholic school" bumper sticker - weirdest 13 years of my life (K-12)...

Comment

Actually I kind of like the "4eye Mustang Wagon"
                              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Those listed front end swaps give me the following vibes:
                                87/92 Mustang Swap: I am a Thunderbird Wagon. Kinda like Bruce Jenner isn't Bruce anymore.
                                83/84 Mustang Swap: I am the product of a Chevy Cavalier Wagon getting together with a Volvo.

I vote keep it the way it is.

1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X