No announcement yet.

'82 Mercury Cougar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm the usual weirdo, I think the 4 eye Mustangs are fugly and the ones with that slanted egg crate grille are the worst of the bunch. Besides, everyone has a Mustang, they are boring. Couger wagon is way more unique.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oooh, that kind of nose job. I didn't even think of that, but yeah, the four eye'd Mustang nose is a good look. That's always been my favorite nose for a Mustang, the composite headlight nose says bloated Tempo or Taurus, not muscle car.

Since we're on the topic of nose jobs, here's one for ya:
      1949 Ford - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

T-bird?
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
          Just went through and checked out the '79 build...way, way, way more intensive and well done than my car. Is the Fairmont header panel color matched? Could be cool to swap, though the Zephyr front end does have a sportier look IMO and works well with the way your suspension is set up.

I like the "I survived Catholic school" bumper sticker - weirdest 13 years of my life (K-12)...
          Thanks for the kind words. I like your front end better though lol.
          The Zephyr/Fairmont doesn't really have a header panel, per se. It has the headlight buckets, the grille and that's about it. The 4 eyes have the directionals underneath the headlights, the 2 eye Fairmont has the directionals inboard of the headlights. The grilles are interchangeable.

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Adam, did not mean to hijack your thread.
            Do you have any plans for future mods?
            Car looks super fun to drive as it is.
            Hit me up if you need any parts, i have some extra stock fox stuff depending on what you need.

Comment

No hijack detected - no apology necessary.

Future mods, Home is rear gear. It has 2.73s now and there's a slight whine from the ass end so a rebuild is happening. Just trying to decide between 3.55 and 3.73. The suspension is all new and I'm happy with how it drives, so no need for changes there (yet).

Lastly, a color-matched tailgate if I could find one with the right patina. I don't want to paint this car.
              '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
              formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

8.8 or is it a 7.5 ?

the whine on he 7.5 in the Conti went away when I replaced the pinion seal. Part of that process has you re-set the preload, either to spec if it was below spec before taking it apart or back to where it was if it was too tight. Mine showed no preload on the cute little torque wrench. Set it up to whatever the book says it ought to be and the whine shut up. I was figuring on an eventual rebuild but in the short term I needed it to not be puking diff oil out. Since it doesn't do either now, I have done exactly nothing with it.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Can a 3.73 even fit in a 7.5"?. I junked my 7.5" rearend, they weren't really stout enough for a V8 imho.
                  Also, are those Mach 1 wheels? They look really nice.

Comment

sure can, my Continental came factory with one. Needs all the gearing help it can get to move some 3400 lbs with the blistering fury of 150 lb-ft of diesel torque.

Comment

Very cool wagon. Definitely something you don't see often.
                      think I've only seen one in the wild.
                      Glad to see it as it was..
                      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        sure can, my Continental came factory with one. Needs all the gearing help it can get to move some 3400 lbs with the blistering fury of 150 lb-ft of diesel torque.
                        I love that your car is a diesel. I'm sure it comes with its own set of mannerisms but very different.

Adam your car is killer. Good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          8.8 or is it a 7.5 ?
                          It's an 8.8; rearend is out of a new edge GT.

'91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                          formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

good, the 7.5 isnt good for much beyond exploding when installed behind anything more spicy than the 90s era 3.8 with an automatic.

Comment

Working...
                            X