No announcement yet.

Guess who is back... 97 CVPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure a bent arm when the car is properly aligned would do that. I could be wrong but I had a Dodge Aries Custom wagon that had been wrecked 3X and from the front it was a trapezoid and it noticeably crabbed when seen driving from the rear but it ran straight, handled fine and did not eat tires.

Maybe dragging brakes or a bearing problem ?

Did they give you the computer print of final alignment results?
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

If they align the caster ti the "green zone" but don't match it up to +/-0.5 of each other, it will pull one direction. Though I would rather have a slight pull right than the slight pull left that I have due to that garbage. I still haven't found a shop that will actually properly align these vehicles. This includes the dealerships. Nobody seems to really understand anything any more.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It definitely wasn't matched within +/-.5 of each other on the readout. I would have to go and check the paper. It is floating around somewhere in my file after I got pissed off they still had a 'gradual' right side pull.

Jaywish - it isn't bearings because the fronts are new (went ahead and went to the 98-02 style to prep for big brakes) as well as the pads/calipers/rotors all being brand new as well.

Comment

Unsynchronized caster would produce different amounts of drag side to side. Kind of what I had fleetingly in mind about the bearings and much more likely to be caster If you can find the print post a good pic,
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
          X