No announcement yet.

1989 Ford Crown Victoria *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me, or is the CV's body in better shape than SU? Do you like the CV better than SU? Which car is faster? They're both pretty sweet rides.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

The CV's body is in much better shape than S.U.'s body. S.U. has rust issues (which I've attempted to repair) and hail damage. The CV has some dings here and there. I like S.U. more than the CV (although, the CV has turned out to be one hell of a car, so far). S.U. is much quicker than the CV. Reason S.U. is the main project is because I grew up with the car and have a certain attachment to it. She needs a lot of work, but if she didn't, it wouldn't be a challenge. If it wouldn't be a challenge, it wouldn't be fun.

The CV has gotten more attention from me than I thought it would. When I bought the CV, it looked pretty rough inside and out, but the engine was clean. The trans shifted smoother than anything I've ever driven before, and, after some scrubbing, shampooing, and waxing, I discovered that the CV was in great shape. I've put a handful of money into the CV since I bought in March (something like $1,700), but that was to get it up to my standards and safe for the road.

S.U. will hopefully be finished someday, but in the meantime, I'll toss a few things into the CV to improve it, as well.

I never did get any pics of the CV when I first brought it home other than the teaser pic.

Comment

My Vic is my family treasure as well Justin. Have fun with it, and toy with it. But remember that you can't always get what you want. As much as I do to mine, in the end it will go. And a new SVT Vic will take it's place.

Comment

Working...
        X