No announcement yet.

Good pics with the tires on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'll bite the bullet and get the 1" longer 1050 lbs springs TRW make - I have my lowrider ones out now due to my poly bushings project, so it's the best time to do it - 1"lift at the springs should give about 2" lift at the wheels, so I'll have the options of either runing bigass tires like these, or get some low-profile H-rated ones for the front only (more likely).

Comment

looks sweet, must rub though on the front, anyone remember the site for those lift spacers used on the hillbilly wagon on here?
      jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

It doesnt look so lifted with those tires on it, everything looks balanced again. Just make sure to put them to good use.
        -Matt
        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I second and even third what said by DANARCHY. !! THE HELL FUCK IS THAT !! !!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
          OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!

ATT, SNIPER 308,FAREWELL BLACKHAWK-P74 INTERCEPTOR I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU MANG.
          MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Hillbilly SUV!
            Do it with a 5spd!

Comment

It looks good. What are your plans for it if driving in the mud is a "no-no"?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
              5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 95crwnvic54
                Hillbilly SUV!
                NOOOO!!

There is only one Hillbilly Suv!
                Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                Open/Lock/Ratio #
                -----------------------
                G / H / 2.26
                B / C / 2.47
                8 / M / 2.73
                7 / - / 3.07
                Y / Z / 3.08
                4 / D / 3.42
                F / R / 3.45
                5 / E / 3.27
                6 / W / 3.73
                2 / K / 3.55
                A / - / 3.63
                J / - / 3.85

Comment

Okay, no deep mud bogging. Only trail riding. Its been in the woods 4 times since I put em on. I love em. But I have to drive it over 100 miles a day as well. So nothing to crazy.
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS
                  flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

ahahahahaha, good shit, only thing is its a 2x4 so it must suck on anythinhg but dirt/sand, any damp/wet/mud and itll spin forever
                    jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

It goes just fine in mud. Ask the people that seen the pics of my old car in the woods. This will go anywhere a 4x4 truck will. Believe me. People think because the front wheels dont pull it wont go anywhere. Anyone who has a had a good setup 2wd knows you dont need 4wd.
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS
                      flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I followed plenty of 4wd trucks with my lifted 81 mustang coupe. Did great in the mud.

Need a 2" body lift....
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

No body lift. Doesnt help me. I went to the woods tonight and was surprised at the sand capability. My friend rode with me and she said her truck would be havin trouble in some of the spots I crawled through. Granted she has 4wd so she could get through anyway I was impressed. We also had my buddy's sawed off wagon out there. That thing is fun.
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Clearance between the fenders and the tires isn't needed? OK.
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Why do I need more clearance? They dont hit the fenders. The tires tuck in at the top they dont stick out. I had to bend the front of em a little to turn more but thats it. Hell my tires rubbed constantly with the lx sport wheels due to wheel spacers making em stick out. If the tires were rubbing the top of the fenders dont you think I would have sawed em off already?
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

sawzall!!!!brings back memories of my blazer, sawzall galore, 33x12.50 on a 2in body lifted s10, lol, i chopped a good 6 inches out of each fender, lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X