Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell yeah!!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

You definitely need more Power...But at least your doing stuff in order..safety first!....You could do what we did and strip her.....BUT that would sorta defeat all creature comferts....like insulation and radio ,heater AC.....back seats..carpet...door panels headliner....everything but the dash and two front seats pretty much.........But Thats a tad nut's.......BUT I'd do it again in a heart beat.....I am nuts......OH and aluminum bumpers
      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Awesome mang.

So when the SVT Vic becomes a track car full-time, what are you gonna get to drive everyday?
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Whatchya got planned for more power? I think a nice S/C 351W would be great for your car, especially behind a 5-speed. I thought you mentioned that you got a Camry for DD duty? If that's so, I think it's time to get some QQ plates on your SVT Vic and re-install those cut-outs for the time being.

Packman

Comment

I'm thinking a turbo would be a nice addition to the existing Stang motor ......... Kind of pricey, though.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              I'm thinking a turbo would be a nice addition to the existing Stang motor ......... Kind of pricey, though.

I wonder if you could modify this to fit a Panther? I mean, I'm sure you could given enough time, but I wonder if it you could use enough parts from this kit to make buying it worthwhile. I also wonder about tuning the beast after you install it.

Of course, I'm hearing more and more about people doing some serious research, putting together turbo setups using tractor turbos and relatively cheap aftermarket EFI controllers. But I don't think that is quite Blaze's style.
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

hehe - anything is possible given a chop saw, a welder, and enough time and the right inspiration! I guess if I were to try doing that myself, I might see about getting one of those Vortec box-intake things and see if I can rig things up with a carburetor. EFI tuning wouldn't be hard for the right person .... of course, you have a valid point about whether it's efficient to buy the kit, as there's a possibility you'd just have to redo all the pipes anyway. Hmmmm........ :waiting:

Comment

More power!

Comment

Well, the Camry is my DD, but I plan to change directions in the future. I think I'm going to keep this car and play with it as much as possible. But major money projects are out of the question.

SC and turbos are a no go as well, for a track car I want reliability, and the key to that is simplicity. N/A, looking at GT40 head with some light porting, the cobra intake, a mid range cam, and an ECU tuner. And then I'll be done with it.

The frame is going and it's a losing battle. I figure I've got another 3 or so years of fun. Then it'll get dangerous. At which time I'll probably start parting it out. And then I will be moving over to the import world, I know I know, but I really want to have an old school RWD 74 Celica GT for a track car. I figure I can put a cage, all aluminum DOHC 4 cylinder and strip the car out and be making around 180-200 N/A hp in a 1900lb rwd car.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
                      The frame is going and it's a losing battle. I figure I've got another 3 or so years of fun. Then it'll get dangerous. At which time I'll probably start parting it out. And then I will be moving over to the import world, I know I know, but I really want to have an old school RWD 74 Celica GT for a track car. I figure I can put a cage, all aluminum DOHC 4 cylinder and strip the car out and be making around 180-200 N/A hp in a 1900lb rwd car.
                      Ow, that sucks. Guess I didnt' realize it was that bad. No plans to get a newer frame under the ol' hunk o' junk, then?

I do like the idea of an old Celica like that. Any ideas of what particular motor to use?

Comment

Not at all, and since I'm not an import fan, I don't have to be brand loyal. So it'll probably be a Honda motor in the end, thinking of an S2000 engine/trans swap.

Comment

That could be fun. Honda motors are supposed to be as much fun to build as small-blocks. Can S2000 drivelines actually be had for a reasonable price? Be interesting to see what you come up with!

Comment

that brings sadness to my eyes. you have had that car for so long and in a couple years, its life will be over. how come you dont get a newer frame? like 1987cp suggested. its a shame to just let that car go after all its been through with you.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681604 --- http://www.supermotors.net/17596

Comment

Or you could just get another and transfer parts..................................
                              1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                              1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                              1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Working...
                              X