Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK....listen up...You love that car!....OK....Now with that said,I like the idea of the S2000/Celica GT hibrid.......Now for that vicky...you are NOT tossing it away for some little frame damage after all you went through with it...No No No...You will be putting it aside and looking for an even better frame you wanted to further that car as much as you can and now that the frame is holding you back there is NO reason to give in and junk it....Or get rid of it YOU WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOURSELF!..Trust me I know all too well myself.
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

How about...

...are you ready for this?

Swap the Vic body/drivetrain onto and 03 frame. Old school looks with modern engineering driving it.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

well I wasnt going to outright say it but thats what i was thinking.....lol

Comment

That's a lot of money and time, that sadly I am losing interest in doing. I think what I would like is to have a nice cruising Vic with decent performance, and a track Celica.

Comment

ARG.....Ok I have seen this before.......you need a break....Not a break up but just a break so you can clear your thoughts.....I am sure some body could help with the swap...and there is wrecked newer Vick's on sale all the time...like right now, there is a 99 for 500 bucks...and I am sure if we asked around in your area we could find an 03 frame for around 300 at a yard.

Comment

lol, a wrecked frame is not what i want. A frame in general is not what I want. If I made this car a full track car a full frame to body permanent weld together plus a cage would be on order. A big task, that would end up being more weight and more time for a more anoying chassis.

Comment

Thats part of the fun though...How to make the boat fast on the track....then drive it home....its just part of the challenge

Comment

I call dibs on what's left after 3 years...
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                    LOL!

Comment

2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter View Post
                        OK....listen up...You love that car!....OK....Now with that said,I like the idea of the S2000/Celica GT hibrid.......Now for that vicky...you are NOT tossing it away for some little frame damage after all you went through with it...No No No...You will be putting it aside and looking for an even better frame you wanted to further that car as much as you can and now that the frame is holding you back there is NO reason to give in and junk it....Or get rid of it YOU WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOURSELF!..Trust me I know all too well myself.
                        Originally posted by Capridrifter
                        ARG.....Ok I have seen this before.......you need a break....Not a break up but just a break so you can clear your thoughts.....I am sure some body could help with the swap...and there is wrecked newer Vick's on sale all the time...like right now, there is a 99 for 500 bucks...and I am sure if we asked around in your area we could find an 03 frame for around 300 at a yard.
                        Originally posted by Capridrifter
                        Thats part of the fun though...How to make the boat fast on the track....then drive it home....its just part of the challenge
                        Hey, I've got an idea, too! How about we let Johnnie do what he wants? Perhaps he feels as if he's gone about as far as he can with this chassis as he can (which I suspect he has) and wants to try something else. I don't blame him one bit...I'd hate to see the SVT Vic disappear as much as anyone else would, but the real truth is that it can't last forever, and there are still a lot of other cool panther chassis cars out there. And seeing what Blaze did with what started out as a big, slow, poor-handling boat, I'd love to see what he can do with a slow, quick, good-handling car.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I call what's left after mrltd gets done picking the carcass. The SVT legend shall give it's life so that others can live a better life.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                            I call what's left after mrltd gets done picking the carcass. The SVT legend shall give it's life so that others can live a better life.

So profound...

Also, what Nate (in MN) says makes sense. I'm sure the car and all of its modifcation process was a great learning experience for Blaze, but sometimes people need to move on.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

There won't be anything left...I'll take the whole thing and replace the frame. The wagon is just too heavy. Too much stress on the backend parts.
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

So what, you're going to sell the wagon? Or keep it for a cruiser and race the Vic?
                                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                                X