Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a spare tired and wheel I can run! Got the wheel off eBay for $27 shipped and the tire from Edge Racing Tires for $60 shipped. I'm pretty convinced that I'm going to be restoring the set of black painted HPP wheels that I have been using for the track. I didn't realize how good looking these things are!
    Attached Files

Comment

Spares are nice. I got a super nice condition LSC wheel out of the trunk of a Mark VII for 20 bucks at the yard, added to it a $15 very nice condition used tire in the proper size with a Z rating, and I'm set. Never run the thing, but at least if I did have a failure, I won't be stuck with a damned bubble tire or a mismatched wheel.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I forgot to congratulate you on the POTM. Your car looks great as always!!!

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
          I forgot to congratulate you on the POTM. Your car looks great as always!!!

Packman
          Yeah it does, and from all angles. On the outside, on the inside, underneath it...

Comment

.....just not from the right side.........

Thanks for compliments fellas!

Comment

Mang, do you got those detailed pics of your clutch pedal assembly?
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                Mang, do you got those detailed pics of your clutch pedal assembly?
                I have a TON o Pics from an install in a whale, will that help you out tom?
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

No.

Comment

I can't believe I never posted them on here....

I was using a shitty flux core welder during this, and I was also pressed for time, but it works great.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that looks great! I see now what you did with the brake pedal. For some odd reason I thought you did something else

Comment

I know it looks like it's on the way side, but it's not. I re-installed the cruise control last week and it works great! I also finally started swapping on my new/newer lenses. Got the the entire tail light assemblies on and wow so much more light gets through.

I rewired an entire fender a few months ago, and after I did the AC clutch would not engage. So I figured I cut too much. Well I started to work on it, found that it had what I thought was the correct power and such, and diagnosed the low pressure switch as the problem (I replaced and rebuilt the entire A/C system 6 months ago). Well when I went to take the old one off I did not hear any noise. So I checked around and a couple fittings and the adapter for R134 were loose, all the way loose. So it was pure coincidence that my A/C failed to work the day after I rewired half the engine bay. I'm going to order my own vacuum pump so that I can charge my own system. Dad doesn't work at a shop anymore, but I still can't bring myself to take it to one. It still has never been in anyone's hands except my Father and I, so the $250 for the pump is a small price to keep that going. After I get the A/C all working, I can turn my attention to my rad fan control. The temp sensor is shorting out somehow. And after that, I'm done. Everything on the car will be fully functional and in good shape again.

Comment

Always fun like that! glad to hear you are still taking care of it.
                          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I just got a couple pics from today that I'm sure you fellas will love! I'll have some more soon.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Awesome action photos you have there. Oversteer FTMFW

Comment

Nice shots
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X