Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw your away message on AIM said that you were out taking night pictures of the Vic and I got excited. Cool pictures, mang!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Looks great mang, for some reason your Vic reminds me of my old 88, even though they're completely different. I miss that car, gonna have to get another one sometime.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

wow, glad to hear shes back in business!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I have to agree the gauges in the cluster is a terrific idea. I know Sunpro and VDO and a couple other companies make 2" and even smaller 1.5" gauges. I think there is JUST enough room above the cluster to fit a 3-gauge pod of some kind with volts, temp, and oil pressure. Then a tach on the left of the cluster and a vacuum gauge on the right. I'll have to find a 140mph speedo to make it work, though, since the trip odometer reset button would be in the way on the right side. But that's good, because I don't have to pull the 85mph cluster until the 140mph cluster is completely done!
          Alan Moore | Wichita Falls, TX
          00 Suburban | 95 Cutlass Ciera | 76 Gran Torino (Cavalier and Durango SOLD)

Comment

I don't have a trip odometer so that's not an issue. I don't think the 140mph speedos have them. Fitting gauges above the speedo will require you to modify the trim to allow more room.

Comment

your car is looking great blaze, good job,

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                I don't have a trip odometer so that's not an issue. I don't think the 140mph speedos have them.
                Correct, no trip odo in the 140 speedo.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                  I don't have a trip odometer so that's not an issue. I don't think the 140mph speedos have them. Fitting gauges above the speedo will require you to modify the trim to allow more room.
                  Exactly, the 140mph speedometers don't have the trip odometer that almost every 85mph speedometer I've seen has.

I'm actually thinking of smaller gauges. 1.5" diameter, mounted directly above the center vents and clock/tripminder/delete plate. I'll have to measure the space between the top of the clock and the bottom of the dash pad. Even if I have to use smaller dash vents in the center, it ought to look good.

That or use my other idea, and put 2 1/16" gauges in a triple gauge panel in place of the radio, and put the radio head unit in the glovebox. The Pioneer I like the most has a remote, and I'd really not be using the head unit much except to turn it on and off. I'd control the music selection and volume through the Shuffle, which would be plugged into the head unit and then charged through the cigarette lighter. I've got lots of different ideas for that, but since the radio hole is 1 DIN, it ought to be the perfect spot for gauges if I'm using the iPod for music.
                  Alan Moore | Wichita Falls, TX
                  00 Suburban | 95 Cutlass Ciera | 76 Gran Torino (Cavalier and Durango SOLD)

Comment

You might have noticed that I already have my MP3 Player wired up to my stereo. I have the signal wire and power wire run to between the seats, with a power switch on the dash. The nice thing about a Nomad Zen Extra is that then you stop charging it, it turns off. So my dash switch is an on/off switch for the MP3 player. Then I can just change volume or input to the CD, radio, or MP3 plater with the receiver remote when ever I wish.

The Nomad also fits perfectly between the seats, so that the side with the pause, next track, and previous track buttons are on top for easy access.

Comment

Looks like you hit all the right spots; dealership, parking garage, and industrial park. Nice work on the car and the pics.
                      -Matt
                      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Actually that's the Ford Truck plant, not a dealership.

Comment

Same big shiny sign
                          -Matt
                          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Now that you mention it that is kind of odd. FoMoCo mondates that all dealerships use the same new oval shapped sign, yet their plant does not have this new sign.

Comment

Great looking pics! 6 and 8 are my favorites.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                              1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

very cool pics!
                                I really like!
                                I need to get me a digital camera dammit...I'm just not ready to fork out 130bux.
                                sigpic
                                1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X