Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pics! So the windshield is cracked now? I've been running my Ranger around with a cracked windsheild since I got it. It's not bad enough to fail inspection and it's on the passenger side so it doesn't bother me .

I gotta get a tripod so I can take night pictures. My camera's ISO doesn't go high enough to allow good night pics without a super long exposure time.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

My entire driver side was webbed with cracks.

That's how I get good night shots. The 6th image was taken with 8 second exposure on ISO50. The lower the ISO the less noise in the image. I take everything at ISO50 because it looks cleanest, I'm a stickler for digital noise and crappy focus.

Comment

I found one of these "Quad Gauge" units from AutoMeter by following the link in your sig. It's 3 3/8" diameter and has fuel, water, oil, and volts. I wonder if something like that would fit in where the tripminder/clock goes? Wonder if the fuel gauge would work, it's 240ohms empty, 33ohms full.

Alan Moore | Wichita Falls, TX
        00 Suburban | 95 Cutlass Ciera | 76 Gran Torino (Cavalier and Durango SOLD)

Comment

Stock fuel sender is 8 ohms full, 86 empty, so I highly doubt it'd be usable unless you could somehow come up with a custom fuel sender.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

8-86....33-240

Auto Meter sells several of those Quad Gauge things but they're mostly 5" ones, maybe one matches the 8-86...gotta search now...
            Alan Moore | Wichita Falls, TX
            00 Suburban | 95 Cutlass Ciera | 76 Gran Torino (Cavalier and Durango SOLD)

Comment

Would the gas gauge not working on the quad gauge really bother you? You already have one in the dash, so another one isn't gonna help anything. It'd be good to use those other three gauges for though.
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Novel idea, but the gauges are too small.

Comment

sweet pics john

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I've contemplated the saftey of corners at 12mph.... I have stock suspension for now
                    1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                    FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Do you mean 120?

Comment

The blazing fast SVT Vic, in its element.... Why is it people can't go through a fucking tunnel, 2 lanes, no lane changing, no on or off ramps within 1 mile either way. 10:30am on a Friday, on my way to work from school.
                        Attached Files

Comment

No...12 I'm afraid
                          1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                          FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Been a while since I updated this page....well I haven't really done too much.

So as a general update post;
                            I have relocated my battery to the trunk. Link to write-up
                            Cleaned up the corner where the battery used to be. (note: my battery used to be on driver side)
                            I polished up my A/C compressor bracket and water pump pulley (was just bored)
                            And just a few updated pics of the overall engine bay.

I really need to clean up that passenger side fender.....
                            Attached Files

Comment

dude, i see a new alternator there.

you did all these upgrades to the battery, and no 3G? what gives, man?

that a/c bracket looks nice tho!
                              LTD is still here

Comment

Originally posted by 1987LTDmasta View Post
                                dude, i see a new alternator there.

you did all these upgrades to the battery, and no 3G? what gives, man?

that a/c bracket looks nice tho!

Nope, no new alternator. I disassembled, cleaned, and painted that alternator. Spent $11 and put new bearings in it. That's it. That alternator, for what ever reason, is capable of putting out over 130amps at 2000rpm. And I'm not guessing on that one. Using an alternator amp gauge I tested it with a dead battery, and it does put that out. So if mine does 3G level output already, and I don't have tons of electronics to run, then why bother? My connectors are all in great shape, I keep them well coated in dielectric grease. And I'm under my hood almost daily.

Comment

Working...
                                X