Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blaze's 86 SVt Vic (The on-going project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• occupant
    replied
    I found one of these "Quad Gauge" units from AutoMeter by following the link in your sig. It's 3 3/8" diameter and has fuel, water, oil, and volts. I wonder if something like that would fit in where the tripminder/clock goes? Wonder if the fuel gauge would work, it's 240ohms empty, 33ohms full.

Leave a comment:

• Blaze86Vic
    replied
    My entire driver side was webbed with cracks.

That's how I get good night shots. The 6th image was taken with 8 second exposure on ISO50. The lower the ISO the less noise in the image. I take everything at ISO50 because it looks cleanest, I'm a stickler for digital noise and crappy focus.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    Nice pics! So the windshield is cracked now? I've been running my Ranger around with a cracked windsheild since I got it. It's not bad enough to fail inspection and it's on the passenger side so it doesn't bother me .

I gotta get a tripod so I can take night pictures. My camera's ISO doesn't go high enough to allow good night pics without a super long exposure time.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Land Yacht
    replied
    very cool pics!
    I really like!
    I need to get me a digital camera dammit...I'm just not ready to fork out 130bux.

Leave a comment:

• FatNasty
    replied
    Great looking pics! 6 and 8 are my favorites.

Leave a comment:

• Blaze86Vic
    replied
    Now that you mention it that is kind of odd. FoMoCo mondates that all dealerships use the same new oval shapped sign, yet their plant does not have this new sign.

Leave a comment:

• nitroracer
    replied
    Same big shiny sign

Leave a comment:

• Blaze86Vic
    replied
    Actually that's the Ford Truck plant, not a dealership.

Leave a comment:

• nitroracer
    replied
    Looks like you hit all the right spots; dealership, parking garage, and industrial park. Nice work on the car and the pics.

Leave a comment:

• Blaze86Vic
    replied
    You might have noticed that I already have my MP3 Player wired up to my stereo. I have the signal wire and power wire run to between the seats, with a power switch on the dash. The nice thing about a Nomad Zen Extra is that then you stop charging it, it turns off. So my dash switch is an on/off switch for the MP3 player. Then I can just change volume or input to the CD, radio, or MP3 plater with the receiver remote when ever I wish.

The Nomad also fits perfectly between the seats, so that the side with the pause, next track, and previous track buttons are on top for easy access.

Leave a comment:

• occupant
    replied
    Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
    I don't have a trip odometer so that's not an issue. I don't think the 140mph speedos have them. Fitting gauges above the speedo will require you to modify the trim to allow more room.
    Exactly, the 140mph speedometers don't have the trip odometer that almost every 85mph speedometer I've seen has.

I'm actually thinking of smaller gauges. 1.5" diameter, mounted directly above the center vents and clock/tripminder/delete plate. I'll have to measure the space between the top of the clock and the bottom of the dash pad. Even if I have to use smaller dash vents in the center, it ought to look good.

That or use my other idea, and put 2 1/16" gauges in a triple gauge panel in place of the radio, and put the radio head unit in the glovebox. The Pioneer I like the most has a remote, and I'd really not be using the head unit much except to turn it on and off. I'd control the music selection and volume through the Shuffle, which would be plugged into the head unit and then charged through the cigarette lighter. I've got lots of different ideas for that, but since the radio hole is 1 DIN, it ought to be the perfect spot for gauges if I'm using the iPod for music.

Leave a comment:

• Nathan in MI
    replied
    Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
    I don't have a trip odometer so that's not an issue. I don't think the 140mph speedos have them.
    Correct, no trip odo in the 140 speedo.

Leave a comment:

• Dave84
    Guest replied
    your car is looking great blaze, good job,

Leave a comment:

• Blaze86Vic
    replied
    I don't have a trip odometer so that's not an issue. I don't think the 140mph speedos have them. Fitting gauges above the speedo will require you to modify the trim to allow more room.

Leave a comment:

• occupant
    replied
    I have to agree the gauges in the cluster is a terrific idea. I know Sunpro and VDO and a couple other companies make 2" and even smaller 1.5" gauges. I think there is JUST enough room above the cluster to fit a 3-gauge pod of some kind with volts, temp, and oil pressure. Then a tach on the left of the cluster and a vacuum gauge on the right. I'll have to find a 140mph speedo to make it work, though, since the trip odometer reset button would be in the way on the right side. But that's good, because I don't have to pull the 85mph cluster until the 140mph cluster is completely done!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X