No announcement yet.

89 civic sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plates and registration came today woot. Just got back from the maiden voyage/quick wash and quick vacuum. It really needed a vac the PO was a smoker and it stunk pretty bad inside. So I washed the windows and did the best vac I could at the carwash. It will get a full blown detail job by me.

I put about 25 miles on it tonight, everything went smooth. The tires are worn and very noisy, but that's my only complaint everything is good thus far.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
      If it gets a swap, and thats a big if lol. It will get a b20 from a 99-00 crv and a b16 tranny.

I am going to try my best to avoid the urge to swap lol. I just wanna clean it up, replace and upgrade some stuff on the interior, and maybe some wheels/tires and coilovers.
      no k20 out of an RSX? lol
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Since they are about $8k-10k by the time you buy everything.
        Engine - $5500
        mounts - $600
        new harness - $1200(for mil-spec of course lol)
        fuel system
        axels blah blah blah lo

but I would love to have a k swap they are sick nasty lol. But I are too brokeded lol.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
        Big plans

Comment

I wouldn't want a 60s car for a daily. Getting parts for my 86 is enough of a problem. I have no desire to deal with finding an emergency replacement part for a 40+ year old vehicle. There are even things on my 14 year old Chevy that aren't on the shelf anymore.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

:lol: Wrong thread, methinks.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

No, I believe he was refering to Leo asking me why I didn't get a 60's car.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
              Big plans

Comment

ooooooh. I was thinking that was someone else who wanted a 40+ year old car for a daily driver.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Well, I went for a late night cruise last night after work, about 3am. Anywho its fall break at virginia tech so most of the students are gone, and they just built a new parking garage on campus. I was driving by and see a completely empty park garage. Photo shoot time boys lol. Excuse the iPhone pics. Enjoy.

UGLY ED

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                  Big plans

Comment

Getting the oil changed and the tranny fluid changed today. Honda genuine oil filter ans tranny fluid. I really wish I had a spot to work on cars here in va. I hate paying people to work on my junk. Gonna order the shifter bushings tonight, then next trip back to Ohio they will get installed. Next on the list after that is tires, and then speakers, the car only had/has one speaker in it for some reason lol.

I'll have this ugly bastard whipped into shape in no time lol.

Oh and some cheapo eBay coilovers will get installed on the stock shocks when I do the shifter bushings, cause well, it needs more low lol.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                    Big plans

Comment

Update: I was changing out the cd player that came in the car for one I had laying around. The reason is because the one I had laying around has an aux hook up for ipods and I wanted that. I pulled out the old one, and of course the wiring was mega ghetto rigged, so I got down to business cleaning that up.

You know the usual wire nuts and stuff that is for house electrical used in a car by some white trash guy. Anyway lol. While I was doing that I thought, while I have it apart I might as well slap my xm in here, So I got the xm installed and went for a cruise.

The new, better cd player was ripping my single half blown speaker a new asshole and I couldnt take it anymore. Off to walmart I went to get some speakers for the car. I picked up 4 pioneer 6.5'' speakers $80 for all 4 not to bad. Went back to the house and installed the speakers.

My girlfriend had been talking about getting me some tires for my bday/xmas, and while I was in walmart I noticed the size I wanted was on sale for $40 a piece and told her she should go ahead and get them and save $10 a tire. So we went back to walmart and picked up the new skins.

I decided to go with a touch smaller tire also, went from 185/65/14 to a 175/65/14 not much but it is visable. I am not putting the new tires on until I get it lowered, then I am going to get the new tires put on and an alignment at the same time.

Pics

XM location

Newesed cd player

The speakers I picked up

New tires: douglas xtra-trac 2

Tread design

Tire size comparison 175 on the left 185 on the right

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                      Big plans

Comment

I take it it's easier to register in ohio that va ? I'm not a fan of the new ohio plates

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Umm idk really lol. I just stay registered there because there is no yearly inspection and no emissions testing, and I already know the laws for modding cars in ohio.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                          Big plans

Comment

Got the first tank of gas ran through knocked down 37mpg with probaly 90% city driving. So 40+ on the highway. Ummm I tried adjusting the ebrake because it was not functioning, I adjusted all the slack out, but still absolutly nothing. So either the cables are unhooked at the rear, or this car has zero rear brakes. I have not checked into any further as I got frustrated and came inside lol.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                            Big plans

Comment

Update. I got my new tires on and painted my wheels. I also cleaned up some more ghetto wiring under the hood from the previous owner and just some general cleaning under the hood.

Pics

Color I used for the wheels over top of a white base coat.

Got the wheels off

Removed the center caps and they had a thin layer of metal over them that was beat up so I removed that before paint

With the metal removed

Cleaned and scuffed up ready for paint, next to an unprepped one

Wheels before paint. They were beat to death. They have had a rough life.

White base coat layed down

Warming it up for paint. It was really cold outside so the garage would only get up to like 45 with the kerosene heater.

Backside

Layed down some paint and had an accident. So I had to sand one back down and redo it.

Messed up wheel

Fully painted

The over spray after math. This stuff landed like powder, and sprayed like candy it was very transparent. It was a major major pain in the ass to paint with, but it turned out nice in the end

On the car. I haven't got any good pics yet. But you get the idea. Its also much brighter in person.

As soon as I get a few days off again I am going to be bombing the whole car satin black, so it will look a lil better with the green.

I got some new vanillaroma air fresheners for my bday. I am up to 30 in the honda and 40 in the marquis lol

Honda tree farm

The engine bay as of now

Thats it for now kiddies. Enjoy.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                              Big plans

Comment

I bet Ryan loves the color! (ToJ-II)

nice job with the wheels btw. some may grind on the color... but the workmanship is pretty good there.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X