Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

84 chev silverado - any 73-87 guys here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushrods come in much smaller packages
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Nice Chevy! I like the old square body trucks myself. They look better lifted and such. I wish Putter Project was 4WD, but you can't have everything. Optimistically (very) I would love to drop a built BBC into Putter Project. Perhaps one day.

Packman

Comment

Thanks! I got it in a kind of money making deal, I knew a guy who was too broke to finish it and wanted a dirtbike so i offered mine to him as i already had a tranny to put in, also got a new rear end and the truck has a great motor so its all good. I'm looking to unload it so i can get something like a yfz450 or something offroad like that
        79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Had the truck out yesterday, works great. Got the kickdown set up too
          79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Is the trans a 3-spd or 4-spd?
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

should be a 700R4 4 speed.
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                should be a 700R4 4 speed.
                Nope, turbo 350. It had a 700r4 with overdrive but that wasn't the correct tranny, it came factory with a th350 and the 700r4 was set up wrong to begin with. Has a fresh th350 in it though, probably just going to sell the 700r4
                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

cool! that will sell in 15 minutes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                    cool! that will sell in 15 minutes.

A lot of people who claim to be interested but never show up or call back ... haha, hopefully someone takes it, great truck with lots of potential
                    79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Put longtubes on it, I have an 86 Silverado and longtubes drop right it, stupid easy to do. I put cheap Flowtechs I had on, should have gone better quality but 2.5" H-piped duals sound sick, I recommend tailpipes if you run loud mufflers, I had Summit chambered mufflers and they droned like crazy dumped.
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Yeah, it just has the ram head manifolds, the ones that look like horns and 2 inch straight pipes all the way back, if I get around to it it will have 2.5 inch duals and headers, sounds pretty sick now.

Here's a few more pictures too,
                        here's a picture from the back

79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Sold the other day, got my asking price. I have something (A mustang killer) coming up very soon, I'll keep you's posted.
                          79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Congrats on the sale!!
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
                              Sold the other day, got my asking price. I have something (A mustang killer) coming up very soon, I'll keep you's posted.

Are you referring to the Civic?

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                                Are you referring to the Civic?

Packman
                                Not quite...... The civic runs off of Corvette owner's tears. Should have another small block chevy this week
                                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Working...
                                X