Free wheels, cant bitch too much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
    well bring it out here then ,AOD is easy fix.... and i could use another townie in my slow growing car fleet.
    If I had the time I would so do that, i'd rock that 307 till it blew chunks then drop an EFI 350 in it.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
      If I had the time I would so do that, i'd rock that 307 till it blew chunks then drop an EFI 350 in it.
      im seriously considering a ls1 or lt1 swap actually
      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Olds Rocket 350 or 455. Don't have to change the transmission that way. Remember, GM has two bolt patters, CBOP and Chevy. CBOP meaning Cadillac, Buick, Olds, Pontiac.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Buddy of mine has a 79 Trans Am that I wish he'd sell me, has the 400 in it with all the emissions stuff removed and longtube headers, but a roller 455 would be badass, I saw a buildup in High Performance Pontiac magazine a while back. In that Delta 88 a Rocket 350 would be sweet, make it a roller cam and put a stand-alone EFI system like a Holley Avenger or MSD Atomic on it
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
            Buddy of mine has a 79 Trans Am that I wish he'd sell me, has the 400 in it with all the emissions stuff removed and longtube headers, but a roller 455 would be badass, I saw a buildup in High Performance Pontiac magazine a while back. In that Delta 88 a Rocket 350 would be sweet, make it a roller cam and put a stand-alone EFI system like a Holley Avenger or MSD Atomic on it
            you read too many magazines lol the stock efi can be used just fine, i was wanting a vette ls1 or ls2.... no reason to swap something really old into it go big or go home lol any engine out of a vette or gto would suit me just fine. the 03 and up varients. and if im going to spens money for aftermarket efi then i might as well go whole hog and run a pro systems carb lol

Comment

Most 79 Trans Ams came with an Olds 403, not a Pontiac 400. A friend of mine had one with a 400, but it had been installed. the usual clue is the fuel lines. the pumps are on opposite sides with the Olds vs Pontiac engines. I forget which is which, but if the steel lines come up on the car on the side opposite the fuel pump, thats not the original engine. The 403 isn't a bad motor, but in smogger form they sort of sucked like anything else from that time period.

There is no stock EFI in a Delta 88. A Qjet with electronic metering rods does not count. To my knowledge, GM never fuel injected the 307, so theres no factory manifold for a Rocket 350 either. They are not the same as a Chevy engine.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Most 79 Trans Ams came with an Olds 403, not a Pontiac 400. A friend of mine had one with a 400, but it had been installed. the usual clue is the fuel lines. the pumps are on opposite sides with the Olds vs Pontiac engines. I forget which is which, but if the steel lines come up on the car on the side opposite the fuel pump, thats not the original engine. The 403 isn't a bad motor, but in smogger form they sort of sucked like anything else from that time period.

There is no stock EFI in a Delta 88. A Qjet with electronic metering rods does not count. To my knowledge, GM never fuel injected the 307, so theres no factory manifold for a Rocket 350 either. They are not the same as a Chevy engine.
                I wasnt apparenly clear enough, im talking about using a newer like 90s and up lt1 or ls1 motor found in transams,vettes,buick roadmastrs,and caprice....the new fuel injected motors, i found a guy who did just that, this is what spurned the idea

this swap http://www.cardomain.com/ride/716267...obile-delta-88
                Last edited by zoomie; 10-21-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

I'd stay away from any engine that mounts the distributor behind a water pump.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                    figure if im going to keep it , might as well have some fun with it.

Comment

still have to swap the trans too if using a chevy motor in a moldsmobile

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                        still have to swap the trans too if using a chevy motor in a moldsmobile
                        i figured as much, just thouaght it would be a cool idea, i likes lens idea though of using a AOD though, not much of swappage goign on though maybe in about 5 yrs or so.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                          last time i went to the wreckers, i had to study one of these in a cadillac fleetwood. im still scratching my head. and it looks goofy to boot.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

not one of GM's more brilliant moments IMO. That distributor is expensive when it fails.

Comment

not one of GM's more brilliant moments IMO. That distributor is expensive when it fails.
                              oh you mean like the electric clutch fans? yeah those are expensive too...... ya know on second thought , ill just keep it stock ,and drive it till i can trade or sell it

Comment

Interesting tidbit - apparently there was some sort of prototype 2-bbl throttle-body intake manifold made for the 307. Never went into production or anything, obviously, but it appears they were at least thinking about it....
                                1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
                                Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
                                Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
                                Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Comment

Working...
                                X