No announcement yet.

My '94 Caprice "Kira"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That blows. Just one more reason why I do as much work myself as possible. People just don't give a crap.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Consider taking the bad garage owner to small claims court. If you win, you will get a judgement. You may never get any money. I would put a lien on anything valuable the garage owner had. They have to pay you off before they can sell whatever has a lien. Make life difficult.
      Do you have a bureau of automotive repair in your State ? If so pursue that option as well. I would think it is not the first time the garage has done shady work. Who knows, you might get some money back.
      Good luck and sorry about your experiences.

Comment

^^^
        This. Sorry about your experience. I guess I'm starting to realize why people are assholes to shop owners, seems the nicer and more understanding you are also means you're more likely to get taken advantage of & pimped for money.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Yeah that sucks alot. I have a couple experiences with shops that manage to get everything wrong aswell. Not to this extent but the worst being to the tune of around 1800€ for basically nothing. Obviously I won't be using their services again. One on my boycott list is the local Volvo dealership & service center, so it's not just not just small shops that bullshit you from your money.

My current situation is great, one of my friends is a senior mechanic at a cheap-ish local shop, and I know the owner of the place. Cheap prices and knowing I won't be bullshitted is great, I also appreciate the mechanic friend being dead honest with me every time, were it good or bad.

Shame your plans for Kira aren't due for quite some time, I just now happen to have a very similar car
          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
          1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Just venturing into the dark side, that sucks big time. That first shop liscenced? Your fleet shop properly document what they found? A call to whoever the liscencing entity is to file a complaint about incompetance, and whoever does consumer protection about a rip-off shop (provided it was properly documented by your fleet shop).

Comment

Working...
            X