• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post

I guess you missed this one:
    yeah, disregard.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post

That's what they told me some seven years ago when I put the Monroes on my Town Car. They're still working great.
    I had a set for about a year and it rode like a dump truck. The Gabriels blew out and instead of air shocks I had air over hydraulic shocks. Since I don't own a Citroen, this was undesirable.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't think I've ever owned citrous liquor either. Car does not ride like a dump truck. I didn't notice a difference going to the Monroes out back from whatever was on the car before. Now, when it is LOADED with some large people in all of the seats and their kit, yes, it does ride harder. But I'll take that over the hooptie-esq "Nashville" lean the car would have otherwise. The only time I've ever swapped shocks and noticed a difference was going to yellow Monroes with my K1500. Very stiff, yet just right. Rides like a proper truck now. Those have also been going strong for four years now. With all of the Krown applications, you'd never know they were once yellow.

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
      ...I think the stopleak I put in the engine oil actually worked pretty well. Not by oil level going down but the mess on the driveway not really changing...
      Really, that stuff works? Which product did you use?​
      Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 02-15-2023, 10:19 AM.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Depending on the type of leak (rear or front main seals but not valve cover gaskets, etc) I have seen AT-205 work wonders on cars too old to merit the work and or cost of a proper repair. Other companies like Lubegard make a similar if not exact product.
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I used Red Line Seal Saver, dunno if it's available on that side of the pond. It was a 30€ little bottle, kinda pricey but since it seems to have actually worked to some extent, I don't mind the price tag. My leaks were from the front, most likely crank, dizzy and/or water pump seals.

This is my first experience with adjustable air shocks, most of the time I have around the minimum pressure in the shocks (~15psi), ride is soft. I could probably keep more psi in them for a slightly stiffer ride, but unladen the rear end would point skywards which looks like ASS. I've had 60 psi in them with maybe 250kg in the trunk, rode pretty well, wasn't too stiff even unloaded afterwards.
          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
          1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

I'll have to keep AT-205 and Red Line Seal Saver in mind then. Truck leaks again, front main a wee bit and rear main decently enough to make a mess over a 6 - 12 month period. I wouldn't mind the price tag either, if it works. Paid good money to have the seals redone in that engine, only got about two years of leak free performance though.

Aside from the Mark VII my dad and then Ashley and I had, the Town Car is my only experience with air ride. I guess the Fox stuff doesn't count as those are air springs. I dig the air shocks, hate the hooptie lean.

Comment

Also comes in a two pack, if needed.

https://www.amazon.com/ATP-AT-205-Re...s%2C273&sr=8-3
              What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Well, now I've fixed the damn CHMSL for the third time. Stupid overengineered crap, spring loaded, 2 sets of copper contact points that move around and 2 more sets of contacts for the bulbs themselves, some of which are exposed to the elements. Corrosion is a bitch.

Front doors started squeaking bad when opened and closed. Detent bushing is seized in the drivers door, WD40 fixed that, but apparently the pass. side is now hitting the front fender when opened?

Comment

Stuff and things...
                  - Washed the car on friday, windshield decided to split in two right down the middle
                  - Right front brake started making a scraping sound, seem like the pins might be sticking or something, goes away when on the brake. Will check on it soon™​
                  - I've been scraping the hitch and tailpipes so much that the trailer plug is now jammed upwards into the bumper and the right side tailpipe mount let go yesterday
                  - Should be picking up the freshly powder coated wheels and new summer tires next week, then right away for mounting and balancing and I'll throw them on the car, hopefully next week

Friend had a housewarming party yesterday, so we jammed 5 peeps into the Caprice and took a trip west down the coast. While others were sleeping late in their hangovers this morning, I went exploring. Here's a couple pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230423_110338.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	1387914

Name:	20230423_111239.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	1387915

Name:	20230423_114005.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	1387916

Name:	20230423_114115.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	1387917

Name:	20230423_114317.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	1387918

Name:	20230423_115303.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	1387919

Comment

That looks like it might be a silver blue in the pics. The color goes with any background. Must still be a comfy cruiser.
                    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Awesome, I love abandoned stuff. Did you guys venture inside?

Comment

New exhaust hanger installed, universal fit, low effort installation, satisfactory results. Also straightened out the trailer plug bracket and FINALLY shortened the tailpipes. The tips were quite mushroomed. The bottom of the hitch is pretty scraped up and a something has hit the spare tire well at some point too.
                        No more low-hanging fruit, those were an eyesore

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230424_174354.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.32 MB ID:	1387954

Awesome, I love abandoned stuff. Did you guys venture inside?
                        Nope, it's all locked up. It's tough finding any abandoned stuff like this here, it either doesn't get abandoned, its fenced off or it gets demolished. Most abandoned stuff is just old barns in buttfuck nowhere.
                        Last edited by Arquemann; 04-24-2023, 01:33 PM.

Comment

LoL over here it is the opposite, most of it is abandoned and in plain sight. What was that a sugar mill? Any history of the building?

Comment

LoL over here it is the opposite, most of it is abandoned and in plain sight. What was that a sugar mill? Any history of the building?
                            It's an old grain silo / storehouse. Not much to say, built in the 50's next to a main railway track. The town (Salo) had some electronics industry, now there's not much to it's name. Just like many other towns and cities in Finland, born from industry, jammed full of 70/80s eastern bloc architecture and now they're quiet and decaying or trying to become something else. Friend who moved there works in forestry.

Comment

Sommarhjuls aka summer wheels are on! Took long enough...
                              I'm torn, I dunno if they look okay or if they look like shit. Needs new lugnuts anyways.
                              Race asf

Name:	20230506_171359.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	5.49 MB
ID:	1388379

The blasting and powdercoating was a hundo, end result is definitely what you'd expect for a quarter or a third of what most places price it at. Garbage.

Name:	20230425_154440.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	4.45 MB
ID:	1388380
                              Old shitty chinesium wheels and cheap tires, wheelweights galore.

Comment

need a center cap of some sort, those hubs sticking through the hole mess with the look.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X