No announcement yet.

Tripminder in a carburated merc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still being gay and acting up. It will flicker then it shuts off. My wiring is fine, I think I have to take the fucker out of the dash and check it out. I swear Im gonna yank all the shit out and put in an analog clock.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Would all this same info apply to a TownCar with the digital dash? I'm thinking of heading a little different direction with my Towncar, i.e., going with a carbureted setup, but I want to keep the MPG readout working.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I don't see why not. The EFI Vic tripminder has an E2 part number, so that same unit was used from 1982 to whenever, apparently the input didn't change even with the computer. No reason why you couldn't take the fuel flow wire from the digi dash and just plug it into the flow sensor. The Canadian Mark VI most likely had the same thing, they ran a carb and had digi dash.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

How difficult are those flow sensors to find? Does Ford still service the part or do I have to scrounge one up from a junkyard?

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Unknown. Never seen one myself, but haven't been looking. Carb boxes aren't very common really. Doubt Ford has anything new, they obsolete shit more than 3 weeks old.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

so could i get a fule flow sensor at a autoparts store or somthing? cause i got a tripminder i just need to install it now

Comment

I highly doubt it. Once mine shits the bed thats probably all she wrote.

Comment

I highly doubt Ford still services the part...your best bet is a junkyard. Any '79-'82 panther with a tripminder will have one, and I'm told some of the '70s era Ford trucks had them as well.

Here's the pic I got from Tiggie, with the fuel flow sensor circled in red:

It should be near the front of the intake manifold on the passenger side.

Comment

i guess i can still put it in,, and have it work ecept the fule flow until i find one then

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                      Must harvest one and try this out. Looks like its got a +, ground, and a signal out wire. Doesn't seem like the MCU is involved, and I think someone said they'd unplugged the MCU and the tripminder kept working. Hey Nate, if we can find the sensor, you wanna be the guinea pig ?

Sure man lets do it i will begin lookin i know its going to be a hard find for that fuel flow sensor...
                      The Best
                      Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

YOu also need the speed sensor and the speedo cable that goes with it. there is a sensor that is in-line with the speedo cable under the dash. a short cable comes from the speedo screws to the sensor, then other cable screws to the backside of the sensor. Its a real whore to get to.

Comment

Working...
                        X