Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

source for seat belt retractor release buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

source for seat belt retractor release buttons?

Tried looking for this and didn't find an answer. Did we ever find a source for replacement cables for the seat belt retractors? The cable to the button on the Conti broke on the passenger side. Belt was stuck out, I fiddled with it and got it un-stuck and found the cable was snapped at the button end. Its probably the same as a Panther part so if one works for a Vic I can probably adapt it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I've never had one of those apart. I don't even know what it looks like to be able to try to look for something.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I put it back in the car, kind of need a complete extra unit to experiment with. Honestly I could probably fix it if I could figure out how to get the button assembly apart. It appears to be glued, and a gentle poke at it broke a chunk of plastic so I stopped. The cable inside is just thin steel cable, thinner than a bicycle cable but same basic thing. The end at the seat belt has a hat bushing crimped on, fair bet the other does too but mine broke. If its just a piece of steel cable of a length with hat bushings at both ends I could rebuild that if it would come apart.

Apparently I did not take them from the car I got most of the interior from, and the Towncar ones don't have the cable. The button just goes directly into the retractor. The two door Vics use a cable setup, so do the Mustangs. Some poking around there last night got a bunch of "what is this wire" and "those are all broken" replies, with some "I put SN95 belts in the car to fix that". I wouldn't be opposed to that if an SN95 belt in blue was just a drop-in. I'm not married to originality in this thing I just want it to work.

the only hitch, it would have to match the stock belts, or I'd need a complete set of 6. If two were different it would drive me nuts.
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I wonder if the cable is similar to floor shifter button cable, just shorter.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

not sure what those look like. This is roughy a foot long, probably 1/16" cable if I had to guess without measuring it. The wire itself and the crimps I can probably get, its figuring out how to get the stupid thing apart in a way that it can go back together thats the trick.

Comment

yeah... that would be the issue. I have no input having never even taken one out.

Comment

Working...
            X