Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tripminder directions as per request

Right from my 89 manual

The top 3 buttons are used to Set (S), or enter information, select english or metric units of measure (E/M), and Reset (R) information.

The bottom four buttons are used to select the information desired. Each button may select on of two functions. The second function is selected by pushing the same button a second time.

Button First push Second push
    Time Time, Day, Date Elapsed time
    Trip Elapsed trip distance Average trip speed
    Econ Instantaneous fuel economy Average Trip economy
    Fuel Fuel used Fuel used (same as first)

Clock

Displays time, date, and day Automatically. To select clock display when any other message if displayed press "TIME" button.

To reset ---

Clock must be displayed, if not, press "TIME"

Press R (RESET)
    Press TIME button ( hours and AM or PM indication is displayed)
    Press S (SET) until the correct hour and AM or PM indication is displayed
    Press TIME button again ( minutes display)
    Press S (SET) until correct minutes appear
    Press time button (day display)
    Press S (SET) until correct day appears
    Press TIME button (month display)
    Press S (SET) until correct month appears
    Press TIME button (date display)
    Press S (SET) until correct date appears
    Press any button except S (SET)

Elapsed time

Displays elapsed time in hours, minutes, and seconds, similar to a stopwatch. If clock is displayed press TIME button once. If any other message is displayed, press TIME button twice.

To reset ---
    Elapsed time must be displayed
    Press R (RESET) button
    Press TIME button to zero and begin counting

Once set, the elapsed time continues to count when the engine is off.

TRIP ODOMETER

Displays the distance traveled since last reset. To display press TRIP once.
    Up to 1000 miles or kilometers, the display includes tenths of a unit. Beyond that, the display will round off the whole units. The maximum reading is 9999.

To reset ---
    Trip odometer must be displayed
    Press R (RESET) button
    Press TRIP button to zero and begin counting

Ill add the rest in a bit. Possibly in the morning.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

This is a good manual for when I get my tripminder, thanks for posting this.

Comment

Yup, thanks! I was able to set the time and date on mine this morning!
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

good info to have. first time I fugured out how to set the time it took me an hour. turns out the buttons were touchy. it took a while to get used to it.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

You can also do a diagnostic with it too. I forget the buttons to push but I've done it with mine.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
            You can also do a diagnostic with it too. I forget the buttons to push but I've done it with mine.
            Diagnostic? You mean like a code scan??

Comment

Yeah, it will let you know if your fuel flow sending unit is faulty, trans sensor and shit like that.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I'm gonna try to get more of it up tommorrow. Ive got like 3-4 pages more to copy from the book. My hands get tired.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS
                flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

If I still had a manual I could scan it to a PDF...

Comment

Where's teh rest mang?

Comment

thanks again for the writeup. Finally set my clock to correct for dst

Comment

Hey, here's a little tid bit of info, don't know if I read it right, and since I don't have a battery in Vicky right now, I can't test it. I was reading through an '87s manual about the tripminder, you can view the time with the key off if you press the time button.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          Hey, here's a little tid bit of info, don't know if I read it right, and since I don't have a battery in Vicky right now, I can't test it. I was reading through an '87s manual about the tripminder, you can view the time with the key off if you press the time button.
                          Yep that is true..I do it all the time. Its pretty cool, some newer cars dont even have that option.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

more info on this subject please.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                            -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Found out how to do self test. Press and hold both time and english metric button. Youll see '8's and crosses. There are more tests to go through if you have the Lincoln message center. But here's the pdf file I found about it... http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/doc...rSelf-Test.pdf
                              Courtesy of the LincolnMarkVIIclub.
                              It does work with the 7 button vic tripminder.
                              Last edited by 86VickyLX; 06-19-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X