Window Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Problems

I'm having window problems in my 2DR GM. Before this it has had few problems beside a loud squeal going down but, today at a drive thru it went down 1/2 way fine and refused to go up. Strange thing is 'tho it will still go down fine. Any suggestions on what may be the problem? Thanks...
    @Ryan.Madison68

it might be the window switch. i replaced the switch for the drivers window today on the wagon. had the same problem, went down but, not up

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

OK did you find your switch in a junkyard? how much was it? Will a 4dr. switch work?
      @Ryan.Madison68

Comment

Does the motor make any noise that sounds like it's trying to go up? Do the lights dim when you try to put the window up? If not, it's possible that the switch terminals are just corroded. Give them a good cleaning and see if it helps your problem.

Comment

no noise but it's still going down fine. what do you suggest cleaning the terminals with?
          @Ryan.Madison68

Comment

i got mine from the parts car i had once apon a time. a 4door switch wont work on a 2door. i remeber with my lincoln back in the day, the harness part where the switch plugs in was burnt, so that might be a possibility.but, im still gonna say switch if your window goes down.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I had the same problem a couple of months ago. All i did was remove the switch and plug it back in lol That was all. And if your window is still down, rip off the door panel and switch the wiring to the window motor just so you can get it back up.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

marquisman is right.It's the switch. I was able to get it charged to get the window back up. Now I am on a treasure hunt for a 2dr. power window switch. Anybody got a spare?
                @Ryan.Madison68

Comment

Glad yo were able to fix it. My wont go up because of the rubber mold around the window area. I would have to open the door and push the glass to stay behind the mold.
                  2004 Ford Crown Victoria P71 (Frost-Bite)

sigpic

2007 Chevy HHR

Comment

Working...
                  X