Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any obvious downfalls to these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any obvious downfalls to these?

My grandmother just got a 2008 Ford Fusion, and one of my favorite things about it is the seat warmers. There is no other feeling than getting in a car in temperatures less than 10 degrees, then a few minutes later, your butt is warm. Im tempted to opt with an LX interior (just because it looks soooo soft) and I was flipping through my jegs catalog while taking the browns to the super bowl, and saw these.

Performance Automotive Parts from Accel Billet Edelbrock MSD VDO. JEGS is the source for performance parts with Same Day Shipping.

Now, obvious good things, quick butt warmth in the winter, its uber sexy (in more ways the one hehe). Downfalls are you have to pull the seat apart, and running all of the wires. Is there any other bad things (other than the price, which is less than I thought). My main concern would be a fire hazard, just because 95 degree hot pad and 20 year old seat foam dont sound like the best idea, unless someone knows something I dont.
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

actually the LX seats are kind of crap. They're not that soft at all. You want Grand Marquis LS seats or Towncar Signature seats if you want truly comfy.

probably no issue with the warmers. I'd use a key switched circuit if possible just so you know they're off when the key is off. Dead batteries suck.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Go for it should be simple..at least to me. Make sure to get hog ring pliers as well as hog rings so you can re-attach the seat material after the pad is installed. For power definitely do what Thain suggested and run a key switched circuit to an actual switch to turn on and off your seat warmers. As far as running wires...no big deal. Remove some of the trim around the carpet edges remove the seat bolts as well as the floor seat belt torques and pull the seats out. Work on the seats outside of the car and run all of the wiring underneath the carpet up the drivers side kick panel into the fuse box.

This is something I actually though about numerous times but never really had motivation to get it done...well man up and spend the dough. My car rarely gets driven so I ruled this mod out.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It would be nice for the Mark VII with it's frigid leather seats. The Towncar with its gorgeous velour doesn't tend to make things retract when you sit in it.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X