Factory Replacement Carpet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Replacement Carpet?

Welp, right now I'm in the process of doing a complete resto to the Interior of my Merc. Most of the stuff I'm having completely re-upholstered at a local shop around the 15th of next month, but I would like to buy new pieces wherever I can before then. I would like to replace the old faded factory Carpet as the first step in my resto. I have the money sitting right here in front of me, ready to spend, but I am having a helluva time finding a replacement piece of carpet that will fit like the original piece does. I have found a few on ebay, but they all look a little off to me, as compared to the design of my floor pan, and look like they wouldn't be the best fit for the car.

Does anyone know of any company that sells direct factory replacement carpet pieces for these cars? Or am I stuck having the upholstery shop make me a custom piece to fit... Again, I am looking for a stock look for everything in the interior, so it needs to be pretty close to the original.

I know one of the members on here could get a good discount on auto carpet... If I remember right.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Good Samaritan had a connection with Auto Custom Carpet, I believe. I have read good things about them. He will certainly have more info...
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

If there isn't anything readily available that anyone knows of, then I'll just get the shop to make me a new custom fit carpet. I'm having the entire interior redone in Black Velour, including the Towncar front and rear seats, in case anyone is wondering. I wanna have a Black on Black Merc. It's gonna be a pretty intimidating looking car when I'm done with it...

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

I love the sound of that!

Comment

WooHoo! Tomorrow is the day the Merc finally goes into the upholstery shop, and I can't wait. It's nice to actually have the money required to do this the right way. The guys I'm taking her to are some of the best in the upholstery business, so I know I won't be disappointed with their work. The "pillow top" Towncar seats are being completely redone including the seat foam itself, which is what drove the price up so high. It's gonna be totally worth it in the end though. With an immaculate interior it ride around in, maybe my girlfriend will finally start loving the car as much as I do. Not likely though, these cars are pretty unattractive to women by their very nature and design, lol. Not that I would ever care though, I can't get enough of these beasts.

Comment

Ahah, yeah although one of my friends always asked before doing anything in my car, she would constantly check to see if it was alright, then she apologized for putting her feet on the seat, not with shoes on but just socks, saying "your car is so nice I don't want to hurt anything". But damn they look so nice, must have some pics after your upholstery is done.
                "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                  If there isn't anything readily available that anyone knows of, then I'll just get the shop to make me a new custom fit carpet. I'm having the entire interior redone in Black Velour, including the Towncar front and rear seats, in case anyone is wondering. I wanna have a Black on Black Merc. It's gonna be a pretty intimidating looking car when I'm done with it...
                  Check with Auto Custom Carpets (ACC).

Comment

Working...
                  X