Leather seats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leather seats.

Hey guys, I just had a quick question. Would it be possible to take the heated leather seats out of a newer Grand Marquis, Town Car, ect. and put them in my Grand Marquis, or am i just wasting my time on this. Don't get me wrong the cloth seats are comfy, but i much prefer the nice leather ones. Thanks for your help.

I would try to find leather interior from that year car, it was an option on some of them... Im not sure if the interior from a new merc would fit, I would be curios to know.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

nothing else, if you can find a set of leather seats out of a car from your timeframe, you can always install warmers yourself. Im going partake in that eventually and they cost like 60 bucks per seat.
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

sure. Easier to use 6 way seats since thats what you have currently. I think you'll need to retain your existing seat tracks and slightly modify them to bolt to the new seats. It involves drilling a hole or something, nothing big. The heated seats you'd have to wire in, but thats not a major operation if you're handy with electrical stuff. If you go with 8 way seats, you'll need to add in another switch, and maybe use the later style seat tracks. Those probably won't bolt up to the floor super easy, so you may need to weld in a plate so you can move the bolt holes around.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, ill def. look into what i have to do to modify the existing track, im gonna stick with the six way seats unless i can come up with a deal on the 8 way.

Comment

Working...
          X